Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectCode Changes?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63565
63565, Code Changes?
Posted by Grifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could we please go back to publishing code changes? It feels like game is changing significantly and it would be nice to know when material changes impact our experience.

63568, RE: Code Changes?
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> It feels like game is changing significantly ...

Every change we ordinarily would have published on the code changes forum (i.e., not new progs for unreleased areas, bug fixes go on their own forum, etc.) has been.

Which is to say it's been slow lately.
63569, RE: Code Changes?
Posted by Assassin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Somehow I fail to see the nerf to chance of successful vanish from combat there. Or would you play Daevryn here with shove vs nightwalkers or crushing legacy never changed?
63570, I don't think this is new.
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Vanish has sucked in combat for as long as I can remember. In 2011 I remember it working maybe 1/5 times.
63573, You're right.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They nerfed vanish a long time ago, pretty sure Zulg made the announcement.

The only time vanish is reliable to get out of combat with is when you take 2 specific edges for it. I use it for stalking/travel purposes only and carry orbs of travel if I need to get out of combat.

Likely it will fail you when you need it most...UNLESS you have the edges.

I really miss the days of assassinate/vanish where you vanish before the first round of combat goes through on a miss once the % is high enough. =( UMIRON FIX IT BACK PLZ I WILL BUY U PBF
63574, RE: You're right.
Posted by Assassin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have the edge and I used to vanish from fights 9/10. Now it's 1/10. But yeah code just changed itself.

Btw I don't mind the nerfage. Assassins sure got too much power. I just don't like that nothing was changed thing.
63575, RE: You're right.
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
RNG can be a fickle bitch sometimes. It doesn't mean its a conspiracy.
63576, Which reminds me of why I love Valg. Link inside.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=15806&mesg_id=15806&listing_type=search

One of the Valg posts that has always stuck out in my head. Now if I can just find that one by Daevryn about roleplay and your enemies being the "bad guy". *mutter*
63577, Umiron isn't invested enough in gameplay itself to lie about stuff.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Trouble like that comes when you have a shaky moral compass, like to win, hate most players, and feel entitled to reap the benefits of your work without following the rules.
63583, RE: Edges.
There are no assassin edges that specifically modify vanish during combat. However, there are edges that just flat make vanish better.

The effect I imagine people are noticing is that being in combat reduces the effectiveness of vanish while certain edges increase it (in or out of combat). The sum of the two in play together is that vanish works better in combat if you have certain edges because vanish just works better with edges.

EDIT: None of this changes the fact that the only lines of code in vanish that have changed since at least 2010 are three lines related to attempting to vanish while trussed.
63572, RE: Code Changes?
I don't know what you're talking about, but vanish hasn't changed since at least 2010 which is as far back as our VCS goes.
63582, RE: Your Forum Ban
Your IP was previously banned from the forums (I don't know when or why). You've been using proxies to circumvent your ban, so I've disabled your account. If you wish to appeal your ban please email imps@carrionfields.com.