Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAnother factor(s), not flame
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=6344&mesg_id=6352
6352, Another factor(s), not flame
Posted by Narissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I used to be able to MUD from work. Now I can't. I used to MUD continuously for 4-5 hours per day. I got married. Then I used to be able to MUD 1-2 per day. I got a kid. I got promoted at work, I changed job, I've a house loan to repay, my expenses have gone up, I've hit 33 going on 34, yada-yada.

What were you saying again? CF is harder? Nah. Just more challenging. But did you see the similarities there between work (firewall) and CF? Damn bloody hackers, viruses and cheaters. They forced companies to prohibit MUD-ding! And I can go on and go about my company's polices and the government and the bloody hackers, etc.

The truth is:
How CF evolves depends a lot on the player base. Because the players abuse the freedom, it was taken away. People cheat, perma, gang and gang again and then re-gang again, pass equipments to newbie players, reveal quests and hidden stuff, and on-and-on.

If CF were is to survive for the next decade or so, the policies have to be in place, to bloody weed out those who want a damn shortcut thru' cheating. If not, I won't be seeing CF anymore.

Players are becoming smarter and smarter. Too easy, people quit. Too hard, people quit. It's not easy getting a balance. There are and will be lots of tweaking. But I hope the player base understands.

This is to the current players :
Take it with a good natured attitude. If you really want to make a difference, be an Imm.