Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSo take two with a clearer head.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63302
63302, So take two with a clearer head.
Posted by Onewingedangel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I realize my point was lost and poorly made In my lasy post. (even reading my post I wonder what it is.)

Can we slightly alter the perma rules. Before you pass judgement, here me out.

Allow such things at least in the academy. I'd say maximun of level 10. So there's no way to abuse it for PK purposes. Obviously both characters involved would have be those levels.

New players can have someone with them who might be introducing them to give them a hand. Due to how exploration and stuff works needing to be a certain level, they can't abuse that.

It's a small change and won't effect most of ud already here. But it just may help in situations where you want to bring a friend in. They have help through the lowest of levels. It may suck once that level limit is reached for them, but at least they'll have a grasp by then. This would be especially helpful for those rare cases someone has never played a MUD before.
63314, RE: So take two with a clearer head.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We're never going to make a helpfile say "Permaing is cool when..." because players will take advantage and abuse the "letter of the law".

But like we've said multiple times in the past couple of years, we're totally fine with people showing new players the ropes and/or introducing their friends to CF. Likewise, I think we've been pretty good lately about going easy on people that looks like "permas" but who obviously aren't newbies.

For those who aren't quite sure where the line typically gets drawn, it tends to be near scenarios like:
- Players who tends to play together with every character they play (i.e., Bob and Alice are always playing the same align, cabal, etc. at the same time).
- Character who do everything together (i.e., levels, PKs, quests, exploration all seem to overlap).
- Characters that don't remain IC, roleplay with one another, roleplay with others, etc., seemingly because it's all happening via IM.
- Stuff like that.

I'm sorry folks, but the language of the rules is always going to give the leeway to us, not you guys (and gals). Even so, I think what you're asking for is largely how things work already.
63311, ROTD
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm fairly certain that they were ROTD'd because their names were derivatives of Stevers and not because of a perceived Perma. Then the ban was for creating new characters over and over and the names got progressively sillier. Still, it was the dead of the night, there were very few people on, it wasn't that big a deal.

We have players here who have cheated in the past, we have players here who rage and declare they will play this game to ruin others' experiences, but we're down one of our best RPers because of a silly event? I'm extremely sad about this. I love this game but this is very disenchanting.
63312, I'm honestly trying to steer clear of talking about that specific situation here.
I'm not arguing over his ban. He did that himself. His reaction was not warranted. It was honestly childish. The ban was his fault.
63313, I'm not
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You might see this as an opportunity to talk about PR or take jabs at the Imms, but I just want my friend back.
63315, I don't see it as either of those.
I want Matrik back, too. His characters are great. I'm talking about a slight rules change to help bring someone new into the game. That's it. That's all this post is for. Getting Matrik back is another topic entirely, and not our battle. I'd sign a petition for it, yeah. That's on him, though. As sad as it is, it's just not ours to fight.
63304, He literally just posted it was okay and to pray first.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Give them a heads up and you're fine?

He also implied there was more to the story.
63309, I know.
But there are other situatuions that possibly haven't happened yet. I'm thinking for future potential issues. The current staff might change at some point, if we survive that long.

I'm trying be positive and think long term here.

Edit for typos.
63310, I'll add..
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Any IMM who's ever said 'I hate the playerbase and dealing with them' probably should not have the keys to ROTD.

Some players are ####s, and some current IMMs are ####s. ####ishness should not be allowed when enforcing rules from an admin standpoint and IMMs who purposefully get their jollies punishing players they dont like should be taken off that duty. 'Rules phishing' should be discouraged. I've seen several instances of transfers to ROTD for no reason where IMMs are just trawling trying to expose rule breakers. If you don't have the tools, don't pretend you're a Tribunal and try to trick people into admitting to things.