Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAnother way to deal with edges.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=63091
63091, Another way to deal with edges.
Posted by mharlndarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) Thanks for discussing things with the playerbase.

2) I will not open a big secret that the playerbase uses scripts to harvest explore/observ exp. Yes, its fun to explore for the first time the seaport and other place, but once you did it - it just the waste of the time on your next characters.

3) Here is the solution: When you create the new char - Can you give us the choice - to use explore-harvest system (you go around and look on mobs etc) or normal system ( where you get edge points with levels).

If you use explore gain system - you get a bit more edge points. With the normal system - you gain edge points with levels.

Reasons: Newbies will not suffer. Veterans will not script.

Perhaps you can do the same with pk/commer and other ways to get edges.
63099, No gain here.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Min maxers gon min max (or complain that actually min maxing is more effort than they want to put in).

We'd be left where we are now. I think.
63092, Won't do unfortunately
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Edge point system currently works as incentive for players to make long-lived characters. Implementing your suggestion would remove that incentive.
63096, It has to be more than that.
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Otherwise, they could just award edge points as you age. And, no, I'm not pretending to know exactly what the current system is trying to encourage.
63106, I don't think it's *trying* to encourage anything
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
help edges hasn't been updated in a long time, but it gives an idea of what it *was* trying to encourage.

I think the present system isn't *trying* to encourage anything, it does encourage certain things but the current line seems to be "don't care". It's just the remnants of something that was designed to encourage certain things and whatever it encourages now is "don't care".
63110, Well edge points ARE rewarded when you age nt
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt