Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectGoodbyes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62948
62948, Goodbyes
Posted by Dargatha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
(Posting this here, since Dargatha was too low level to show up in Battlefield board after auto-deleting.)

First off, let me start by apologizing to all those who were wrapped up in my plots, and schemes, and other major character goals for leaving you all hanging. I certainly had no intention of doing so. Unfortunately, as is always the case, real life got in the way and I simply didn't have time to play anymore. The job I had was taking far too much of a toll on my health, and I knew I couldn't continue it much longer. So using a great deal of credit, I spent a small fortune to get well educated about trading the Forex market, something I have wanted to learn for many years now. Given the amount of money I spent on it, I couldn't justify using my time for anything other than learning it as quickly as possible, to become skilled at it as rapidly as possible to earn back what I spent. I soon found that in order to reach the skill level I need, I also needed to devote the time I was working at my job to learning the Forex also, and quit that job to accelerate the learning curve. In the face of that kind of sacrifice, the game is by far an insignificant casualty. Nevertheless, I did hate leaving people hanging.

It's my hope that those of you whom I involved in my plots at the Inner Circle level will continue to pursue those goals, and hopefully someone will take up the reins in my place, and bring those goals to fruition. I'll leave the details of those plots, as well as all of your names out of this goodbye, in case some of you ARE taking up the cause in my absence, to avoid exposing you to would-be enemies. You all know who you are.

As for the rest who weren't involved in my plotting, I just want to send out some thanks to Jorje and others of the Fortress for your mercy regarding Dargatha. It has long been a dream of mine to play a non-evil duergar, and you all certainly made this attempt much easier than some of my past ones. Unfortunately, every time I sit down to make a go at it, real life always gets in the way, and I never get a chance to see it through. Letting this attempt go was PARTICULARLY frustrating, since I had written a most excellent role for the purpose, in my opinion (and apparently at least one Imm seems to have agreed that it was well written, since my first role Xp put me at the max cap for Role XP edge points). To any Imms following my role, I had so much more to add to that story, which was also going to work its way much more strongly into my RP as well. So sad that I didn't get to finish it.

I'm not sure if I'll be back to the game or not in the future. Generally, I always end up getting drawn back in when I reach a point of boredom or frustrated stagnation IRL. However, with the starting of my Forex trading business, and soon after that gets off the ground, my wife and I will be starting a real estate investing business, I don't foresee my life being boring again for a very, very, VERY long time, if ever.

If I don't make it back, good luck to you all, and have fun!
62956, Get your ass back in here. WTF is wrong with you? n/t
Posted by Doof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
62952, Using money to make money is a sin!
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Usurer!
62950, Hello Dargatha
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions and apologize to you as well for dropping out early. Let's just say real life got in the way for me too.

Sounds like I really missed out on something good here :D
62949, This makes me sad.
Posted by Jorje on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But to let you know. The plan, or at least part of it (not all of it
because you're not around), is still going forward.

I enjoyed all of our chatting back and forth and the great intent
behind your character. I really thought you had what it took to pull
it off but I can understand real life. I had some of my characters
more memorable moments going through that little ritual trying to
cleanse you and all the prayers and hopes I had for you. I hope you
found some enjoyment out of it as well, while it lasted.

And, last but not least, I wish you the best with your endeavor.