Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectLiches and age
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62931
62931, Liches and age
Posted by Necro55 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Umi are you willing to shed some light on the dios discussion regarding the Sword of Zurcon? Is it "safe" for Liches/mummies to use given the changes to them aging?
62959, I think the answer is.......
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the sword drains your life away. Since undead are already dead, they are immune to its affects.

when you use it on a mortal you get this

wilderness <589hp 453m 769mv 26550tnl (-23.78%) 9 PM>
The Nightwalker's claw decimates Haidaar!
Haidaar parries your defilement.
Your deathly touch *** DEMOLISHES *** Haidaar!
The Unholy Sword of Zurcon glows a deathly black!
You feel the dark taint of the Unholy Sword surge through you!
You can feel the dark taint of Zurcon begin to consume you.
Haidaar's wrath maims you!
Haidaar's wrath EVISCERATES you!
Haidaar is gushing blood.

Never had an undead, but I am guessing undead would be immune to the consuming thing.

I age died not to long after this fight.

Here is a snippet from Gaspare's log

Your deathly touch EVISCERATES Lunakai!
The Unholy Sword of Zurcon glows a deathly black!
You feel the dark taint of the Unholy Sword surge through you!
You parry Horner's cleave.
You parry Lunakai's divine power.

It has the dark taint echo, but not the consuming one.
62960, Winner winner, chicken dinner! (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
#MakeTheraGreatAgain
62961, No
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't you dare.
62932, The answer should be obvious to anyone using the sword. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
62933, Oh my god, just answer the question directly you unbelievable jackass.
Posted by JesusChrist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is why people hate you, and why I personally think you're just as bad as Daevryn. There's no need to get remotely cryptic about something like this (or anything, really, but especially something like this.)

This is part of the reason why the playerbase numbers are circling the drain. "Figure it out yourself in game, idiot" is a response that probably worked well in 1999 - in 2016, it makes you look like a prick.
62934, No offense, but your response isn't going to illicit any kind of positive reaction.
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If anything, Umiron has been much more open than Daevryn about a good number of things. It is also a rule not to divulge quest secrets or area explore secrets and has been for a long time so getting to much into detail about it is technically against the rules so he may just be following such.

Mind you, I've been annoyed by Umiron's responses to me from time to time, it happens with people who have differing opinions, so it's not like I am playing favorites or kissing ass. I just think you are a bit out of line in your response here and personally prefer a calmer, more rational, type of discussion or argument to outright attacking someone.
62943, Mispost
As the residing Chief Customer Service Officer of Carrion Fields, LLC. I request that my assistant Umiron remove this mispost for the sake of our readers.
62935, Creating a new account JUST for this..
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is exactly the kind of behavior that leads to us not wanting to do nice things for the players. I have a sneaking suspicion that if you are willing to act like this on the forums that you are probably just as bad, if not worse in the game. And that is even more detrimental to the player count than an indirect answer that is not relevant to any active character.

62936, I'm supposed to care about your opinion?
Posted by JesusChrist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You don't even know how to run the cabal you're tasked with policing, dude.

I made a new account for this (on a vpn, no less) because I don't feel like dealing with consequences in game for my in-forum opinion.

And in case you're not being purposefully obtuse, it's not just about this particular question or this particular answer. The ubiquitous response to these sorts of questions tends to fall between "figure it out in game yourself, retard" and "here are some small, ancillary tidbits of info, but l0l I'm not going to actually explain how this works, retard." Notice a trend?

I'm acting like this on the forums because being polite leads absolutely nowhere with you people. You only listen to your sycophants, anyway, so screw it - at least this way I get to tell you the whole, unvarnished truth... and there's some satisfaction to be found in that, at least until you have your inevitable hissy fit and delete the thread.
62937, Yeesh, now I just feel bad
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would you mind emailing me to give me some pointers on how I can do things better? That would certainly make the difference and help our playerbase grow again. If you were not aware of how to reach me to offer your input, you can either pray in game or email me: destuvius@carrionfields.com

I eagerly await the opportunity to discuss game improvements as well as options to better improve the experience for people who opt to play Empire.
62938, and the winner of TLB 2016 goes to...
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
that guy
62939, TLB?
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What?

Search Results...

Translation Lookaside Buffer? <Wikipedia>
The Living Bible? <Wikipedia>
The Lan Bear? <urban dict>
62940, That Little Bitch. NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
62946, I am surprised you don't know about the sword.
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's side affects are pretty widely known and like big U man said just look at the weapon itself if you ever get it.

There are also at least two items that permanently drain your max hp out there and another item that can turn you evil. These are all from really tough places in area explores. The fact that some uber cool items come with serious drawbacks is something you should be various about. The majority are simply cool but there are a few with mean mean negatives.
62941, You make me sad. How about telling Umiron WHY you think it's important to not have to figure it out in game. n/t
Posted by Doof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
62942, Yes offence,
Posted by Demos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Go and #### thyself. Play wow you'll like it.
62944, Hello JesusChrist
Welcome to Carrion Fields.

I thought you should know that this game caters to a wide variety of players. One type of player is known as the "explorer." This type of player delights in discovering items, solving puzzles, and generally tinkering around to find hidden bits of the game. For this reason, some small number of objects and entities in the game are purposefully kept difficult to find and/or figure out.

The Sword of Zurcon is one such item. How to obtain, how to use, or other attributes of the weapon are purposefully kept secret for the player to figure out on their own. While some players may cheat and share the information secretly amongst themselves, that does not make it a useless endeavor to continue catering to the "explorer" who will purposefully avoid such cheating to maximize his/her pleasure from playing Carrion Fields.

Now, Umiron is certainly a troll, but your reaction here is unjustified. In fact, more information was given than really should be given considering now you know that whatever the sword does or does not do will be obvious to the player. You can now be certain that whatever negative affect the object has is not hidden until it is too late.

Regards,
Tsunami, Chief Customer Service Officer of Carrion Fields, LLC.
62947, Did you just leak the new seasonal race?!
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
< Troll IMM> Umiron the Lord of Trolls
62951, More like...
< Troll IMM > Umiron, Troll in Training

He has much to learn.

PS: The day trolls go live before Halflings go live is the day the world burns.
62945, Fixed that for you
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>This is why people hate you, and why I personally think
>you're just as bad as Valg. There's no need to get remotely
>cryptic about something like this (or anything, really, but
>especially something like this.)

Replaced Daevryn(*) with Valg.

Umi is a much more likable version of Valg though.

* Nepenthe is a champ and I won't stand for his name being besmirched
62957, And while we're at it....
Posted by AncientNewbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why in the hell don't newspapers give you the solutions to the crosswords right alongside the crosswords?? I mean, am I supposed to figure it out myself OR wait an entire day to find out?! This is America, and I'm pretty sure our constitution of rights entitles us to make demands and instant gratification.

Why do we need Umi's voluntary cryptic answers when we can just grab our pitchforks and all complain until we're sad and lonely?
62958, Wait, are you sure this is America?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because that's not my experience like AT ALL.