Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectQuick question that I likely already know the answer to
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62812
62812, Quick question that I likely already know the answer to
Posted by Doof on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I have what I consider a great role that I've spent quite a bit of time pondering over and putting together, then delete young (before any Imm exp, cabal pledging, etc)... is it acceptable to re-use it?

I'd hate to roll again (different name, desc, etc), then get a blast of negative Imm exp for using the same, or slightly modified, role.
62837, RE: Quick question that I likely already know the answer to
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You shouldn't reuse a role. Under the circumstances you've described though, I probably wouldn't bust your chops about it. Others might, who knows.
62819, It depends.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A few years ago there was an "I need a role" thread on dio's and I posted what I thought was a great role.

When no one played my idea I eventually played it, but lost steam on the character and deleted.

However, it's a role that could apply to many different characters, so I'd consider playing it again.

Of course I'd rewrite the role from scratch, but the idea would be the same.

For the record, this public-domain as far as I'm concerned role is:
An man with an ancestral curse (flaw not required) owes a familial debt that is all but impossible to pay. He comes from a long line of conjurers and joins Trib to try and earn some money to keep the thing at bay until he can figure a way out of the deal.

I'd love to see someone pull it off. I couldn't, but maybe I'll try again.
62818, A different take
Posted by SPN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have had a character with the same name, same roles (the first three roles that provide character background), same desc that was empowered by three different gods. It was with two different classes as well. The first two attempts were total busts and things didn't go right for what ever reason, but the third was quite successful.

Did I hoodwink the imms?(Don't go persecuting my IP now please! Or, is a good role a good role that can be blended and melded to fit lots of different imms styles?

Here's a link to a previous post that I had prior to recycling this role in particular, that had quite a bit of immput that is counter to my anecdotal story above.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=57912&mesg_id=57912&listing_type=search
62813, Well...
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe CF doesn't log characters for their records, i.e. PBFs until somewhere around 30. So, I would say that you should be able to do this but you should be careful if you've interacted and told your role to certain people IC. But, on the flip side of the coin, it's usually quite frowned upon to reuse descriptions or roles.
62820, Flat out not allowed to resuse/recylce descriptions...
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...even if you wrote them. You can thank me for the additional information added to the help file that states that explicitly.

Oops.

P_N