Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSo, "Fu*ck" is not allowed for some players?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62797
62797, So, "Fu*ck" is not allowed for some players?
Posted by Wow on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Others, using "Fu*ck" as often as breathing:

Mazura tells you 'Shut the #### up.'
<51 H-Drw Inv> (PK) Mazura Quintania the Weaver of the Elements

---
Me, for using "fu*ck" once in tell, when been intentionally led into the aggro mob and killed by it (yes, I've melted down):

An Immortal says 'Will do. Going forward, please try to do a better job staying IC and controlling the potty mouth.'

Divine influence saps some of your experience from you.

ExploreXP: 4225 Commer XP: 240 Observ XP: 4235
Cabal XP : 0 Skill XP : 62 Quest XP : 16025
Imm XP : -500 Role XP : 0
Exp : 61167 To Level : 6633

---

I guess my IP now is on the record and I'm kind of blacklisted. So no future for me anymore. Now I have a different plan, and being nice is not incuded.
62801, *sigh*
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
- You said the f-word the forums won't let me use (or some variation) more than once with this character.

- With all of your recent characters, you had what looked like largely OOC meltdowns almost every single time anyone PK'd you. This didn't always involve obvious profanity, but it did almost exclusively involve you addressing the other person player-to-player and making all manner of thinly-veiled accusations.

- Unless they behave like you and lose their #### publicly, you should have no insight into who gets punished, for what, and when. So please lose the "double standard" line, and worry about yourself. Just like in life, what the other guy did or didn't get away with has no bearing on whether your breaking the rules is okay (which it isn't). Man (or woman) up, chief.

- The only thing your IP is "on record" as is being site-banned, and that's only for a few hours. After that, you may continue to play and be subject to both the same rules and the same opportunities as every other player.

- I don't know who you are or what your background is, but you're giving me the impression that this is the kind of thing you've had a problem with in the past. Both the in-game behavior and the victim complex. If I'm wrong, sorry. If I'm not, please take some time to think retrospectively about this and how your approach to the game might be perceived by anyone else but you and see if you feel any differently at that point. Also consider that if you are a vet returning from a long break, the last time you dealt with an Immortal in a context like this it almost certainly was not me, which means this can't be the continuation of some kind of grudge or preconceived judgement of you.

Enjoy your Saturday.

EDIT: Clarity.
62799, RE: So,
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Shut the farg up" instead, and you'd have been fine.

Why? Because ooc it's not seen as offensive, and ic it doesn't sound ooc, if that makes any sense?

But yeah, if someone intentionally walked you into an aggro mob I'd cut you some slack.
62798, 'Help Rules'
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
* Offensive language is prohibited or discouraged, depending on use. See
LANGUAGE for details. Sexual harassment is not tolerated.

Just because an IMM isn't online or snooping to see someone say #### to you doesn't mean you're allowed to say #### to rules or that nobody will notice you go OOC.
62800, RE: 'Help Rules'
Posted by WoW on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm stupid. I don't why Mazura was lastnamed within 30 seconds after telling me "Shut the fu*ck up" (she WAS snooped that time), why she was allowed to use "fu*ck" in tells at any time she want. I think I've seen her using "fu*ck" about 10 times at least. And I don't understand why I, about 4 hours past the incident and after I've regretted it and promised myself to control my anger, been punished so hard. Simple warning would be enough and would work way better. But it's too late now.
62802, The general trend with IMMs now..
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..seems to be to avoid arguments with people and just sap exp, especially if you have a tendency to be a raging player.

Its happened to me twice for silly things but in the long run didn't make much of a difference with the character other than I was set back 500 IMM exp and lost out on those edge points I'd have gotten otherwise.

There are some who still talk to you though if it isn't a direct rules violation. That approach is way better as far as avoiding melt downs like yours but probably not worth the time.