Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectShrine
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62515
62515, Shrine
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think if you have a shrine that is in an area that also appears in the past, it would be cool to have the shrine in the past too. That makes it feel like the Immortal is not constrained by time and/or has existed since before the time in the past.

Just saying, if you want to look cooler.
62516, Bug board it..
Posted by Emnon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just so we can get all the details without
giving away shrine info.

Thanks
62521, I think he's more aiming for a different suggestion.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As far as I read it, he was more suggesting that if my shrine is in the Ashes of NoWhere, that I should create a shrine in the past's Forest of NoWhere.

While I agree it's a neat idea, I don't know that it's really worth the effort or doesn't raise its own issues.

1) Having to write a new area (or copy the existing shrine).

2) How do you portray an Immortal in "the past". Immortals do come and go in CF's landscape, whether via being straight up created/killed, or the theory of their worship becoming mainstream/dying off. Theoretical according to Jormyr's backstory, he's been around just as long as Daevryn, but whereas Daevryn's rose to prominance, Jormyr has just been a mostly unworshipped minor power. Should have a shrine? Should it be less extravagant as the current shrine? Etc.

3) If I go to the past, shouldn't Shokai, Zulghinlour, etc all be around? What Imms should have shrines in the past vs. not? Jormyr suddenly dies in the present, shouldn't his shrine still exist in the past?

To me, it comes down to the basic concept that the moment you try to make anything half-realistic with "time travel", you've got massive problems that start to develop. I find it simplest just to presume that as Immortals, they're only particularly interested in having their main place of worship in the present, current timeline.
62522, RE: I think he's more aiming for a different suggestion.
Posted by Saagkri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a suggestion. I would expect the IMM who owns the shrine would do the work if they wanted to.