Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectScarab inner
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62208
62208, Scarab inner
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He has a unique way of fighting but in general is a total pushover. Perhaps adding dissolution (I know a lich not mummy) and group based grip of suffering might make raiding the temple more interesting. Maybe even area power word decay or power word pain.

62209, I think.
Posted by ScarabSlayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That the fact that if ANY ONE defender in or out of range can use ONE power to successfully defend against a group of 4 or more means that the inner doesn't need to be any more deathful.
62210, RE: I think.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This isn't the case for several reasons.

The main one being that you can guarantee not having to fight the Revenants while still killing the inner.

Trib inner is also underpowered but for different reasons.
62214, Trib inner is not underpowered. nt
Posted by Aereglen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
62215, Here's why I feel otherwise
If I can take the scales as an uncaballed lvl 38 Druid, and leave as a hero ap with full hp after killing it, it is unpowered. And both those things are the case. I'm not playing a trib or an ally of theirs, btw.

It is incredibly weak relative to the spirit and the watcher (the spirit has it's niche weaknesses), the destructor, the nexus inners, and the imperial inners (which admittedly suck vs many combos but are strong against others).

What builds is the executioner half decent against? Non tanky builds without area attacks, which is who? A thief maybe?
62216, RE: Here's why I feel otherwise
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>What builds is the executioner half decent against?

Criminals. It is not terrible against criminals. Especially with an out of range Tribunal around. That's the only combination for not terrible. Criminal *and* Out of Range helper.
62217, Everyone is a criminal
If you've gone that far into the cabal you are a criminal, these days. Those special guards that pile up still suck vs anyone with tanking or area attacks.

Manacles aren't significant unless people don't cover stat loss, if the spell caster has abs up.

And lowbie guards aren't scary at all.
62213, This is wrong.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On more than one level.