Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectInm questions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62128
62128, Inm questions
Posted by DeathIncarnate on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have always wondered a few things.

Does any 1 person own cf or is there several imms that do. If so which ones?

Who are the oldest imms that are still around?

What ever happened to the old imms galadriel, jullias, Pico etc.

Do you keep any backup of cf, pfiles etc after the big wipe of 2010?

Thanks i am sure lots of people will be interested

“You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances with the Grim Reaper.”
―Robert Alton Harris
62131, RE: Inm questions
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>
>Do you keep any backup of cf, pfiles etc after the big wipe of
>2010?
>

Snapshots of the disk are taken nightly, I believe. In theory, the most we'd ever lose would be 24 hours, assuming we pay our bill.
62129, RE: Inm questions
Posted by Raltevio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I have always wondered a few things.
>
>Does any 1 person own cf or is there several imms that do. If
>so which ones?

1 person currently hosts CF as well as handles most of the financial stuff. This is a matter of legal necessity, pretty much. Like any registered business CF needs an owner. Previously it was Zulg. Zulg passed the mantle on when he bowed out.

>
>Who are the oldest imms that are still around?

Has to be Twist and Scarabaeus, I imagine. I've seen Arvam, (possibly) Jullias, Thror, Shokai, Grurk and many others in one form or another. Thrakburzug is also part of CF canon at this point.

>
>What ever happened to the old imms galadriel, jullias, Pico
>etc.

Don't know. I imagine life happened. Many of the older presences still seem to stop by and check back now and again, but are not longer involved in a direct capacity.

>
>Do you keep any backup of cf, pfiles etc after the big wipe of
>2010?

Not sure about the first part specifically, though I imagine so.

As far as historical stuff goes I'd speculate there are some back-ups of CF dating back as far as the late '90s with some ex-code staff/IMPs.

>
>Thanks i am sure lots of people will be interested
>
>
>“You can be a king or a street sweeper, but everybody dances
>with the Grim Reaper.”
>―Robert Alton Harris
62132, RE: Inm questions
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought ShaidarHaran and Galadriel owned the intellectual property. Not the case?
62133, RE: Inm questions
Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer, let alone an IP/copyright lawyer. I also wasn't around in the 90s.

With the exception of areas, which are copyrighted by their authors, CF is the property of Carrion Fields, LLC. What person(s) currently have a stake in that, I don't know.

For all intents and purposes, Scarabaeus is CF's current "owner" in that he owns the server and has control over various systems related to the MUD, including its money.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the original crew, save Twist, have been involved in CF for quite some time. Likewise, Twist would be the best source of information on this topic, at least amongst individuals you'd likely be able to get in touch with at all.
62143, RE: Inm questions
For some reason I thought they were listed as the owners of the LLC. This is all distant memory from the NDA I signed after heroimming.
62144, RE: Inm questions
Just found this old post from Twist. He says IMPs own a share of the LLC.

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=37818&mesg_id=37823&page=

ShaidarHaran is listed as the "Copyright Agent for Notice of claims" here:

http://www.carrionfields.net/tos.php
62146, RE: Inm questions
There's your history lesson for you, then.

For what it's worth, I don't think those various policy pages have been updated in a good long while. I suppose at some point we should review them.