Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectHunter Questions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62081
62081, Hunter Questions
Posted by Wannabe Hunter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I see many posts talking about how Hunters are primarily Dexterity based. Yet Giants and Centaurs can also become Hunters.

How does their larger races dexterity affect Hunter skills? Are they more likely to miss with Aimed Shot but do more damage because of higher strength? Is Archery affected by size as well or Dexterity only? Does the initial damage of Flaming/Poison arrow factor in Strength?

I take it Observe is borderline useless on the larger races due to their generally low intelligence compared to humans/halfies/elves/arial?

EDIT: Does Observe help Timed Attack in any way?
62115, Anecdotal answers inside. I don't number crunch much.
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Playing a storm giant vs human, elf, and two wood elf hunters, I'd go with the latter.

I tanked better with the smaller, more dextrous races. I don't know that the archery defense is skill or skill + dex based, but dodge is dex based and with a bow you cannot parry.

I can't speak to hitting with aimed shot; hunters were tweaked between my first hunter (storm giant) and my three subsequent hunters.

There is no difference in damage based upon size, but higher damroll (and strength boosts damroll) increased archery damage.

The duration of observe (and consequently the number of observations you can acquire) seems to be based on your intelligence, and maybe a comparison of your intelligence to your foe. I determined this by switching out int gear as I stalked someone. With only one or two stalks, I perceived no benefit.
62084, Didn't you watch Game of Thrones?nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
62088, No. Not sure what a tv show has to do with my questions.
Anyone else able to provide some answers please?
62090, RE: No. Not sure what a tv show has to do with my questions.
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJXtFpeKmRQ
62104, So basically I'm asking the wrong questions for this forum for answers. Thanks. nt
nt
62113, Lighten up, Francis.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
62114, I think people generally don't know
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And that the lack of answers is down to that.
62130, That was a pretty clear answer
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Go Frost Giant.