Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectIs it just me, or do female PCs really outnumber males?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=62059
62059, Is it just me, or do female PCs really outnumber males?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess, there's the gear incentive...
Can we have some more male_only gear? Spiked Codpiece, anyone?
62083, Male PCs are currently 76% of the population. nt
Posted by Akresius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
62089, RE: Male PCs are currently 76% of the population. nt
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd be interested in how the pks distribute by gender.

Wouldn't be surprised if newbies play their own gender and a number of vets skew female.
62063, RE: Is it just me, or do female PCs really outnumber males?
There's a slight gear incentive but the big incentive is not getting locked up in a certai. Area.

It's basically power gamey and I do it myself.

Offsetting that is the fact that bards get an edge that helps against the opposite sex.
62065, Didn't that certain area get rewritten to be a different area now? nt
Posted by dalneko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
62066, It got a lot lamer and lost the cool stuff, but kept the crappy stuff. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
62070, Are you serious?
The volcano is a cool area and has some cool stuff.
62071, It would be much cooler if they did away with the level restriction bit.
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is just my opinion. I realize that it's restricted to present a challenge to a specific level range. But part of the beauty of CF is ranking past challenging parts to explore with (more) relative safety.
62073, RE: It would be much cooler if they did away with the level restriction bit.
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's fine and much easier to explore as a higher level, you just can't do the 3 quests.
62061, It's just you
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would think in general males are always over 50% of chars, at least at creation. Damn grapes have changed at least 3 of my chars.
Plus there is an area that it's easier to be female in, which is probably the main reason to go female.

There are a few woman only pieces, but it's not enough to be significant or to roll a char for since the decent ones are limited. You can generally find better things across the board anyway.

Bards have a gender related edge, I'm not sure if any other class really cares about gender much though, so for that it doesn't matter much.

Theran men can't cross dress, that's the problem here.
Why can't a dwarf berserker rock a skirt, blouse and heels just because he is a male. Not like anyone can tell dwarf men and women apart anyway.
62062, Don't you play all females?
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Usually I do play female chars if I need goto hp regear. Shifters and other mages mostly.
62060, Just roll up Quabmier the gnome - giggity.
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've never found an issue with a greater female to male ratio during my life. I suppose however that some people may dislike that type of thing - which is fine!

Happy new year!