Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRacial Lore
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61791
61791, Racial Lore
Posted by dalneko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Specifically the lore in the Lyceum.

Is the information regarding dark-elves in the lyceum still considered part of the CF lore? I ask because the information is written by Drizzt Do'Urden and makes mention of Menzoberranzan, which as far as I know, doesn't exist. Instead we have Teth Azleth.

Also there is no real info regarding any info on the minotaur or azure touched races. Does that mean should I be fortunate enough to get a minotaur or azure touched slot I can pretty much make up whatever I want?
61841, There's a lot of stuff about minotaurs to find in game
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Took me years to find it, but I'll give you a clue, Seantryn swamps.
61793, RE: Racial Lore
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Lyceum is a uniquely odd duck in that we've intentionally left in a lot of material that isn't relevant or even accurate in modern CF. It mentions numerous areas that have been replaced, for example. I'm not sure how much I like that, but it's how things are for now. My advice would be to assume that anything you read in a helpfile or discover via lore in areas outside the Lyceum trumps its dusty old volumes.

I believe there is Minotaur lore scattered throughout helpfiles and in-game resources. Azure-Touched is probably limited to what's in the helpfiles, but I'm honestly not sure what, if anything, Baer and Daev baked into CF lore. I think the helpfile gives adequate insight into their background and such, though. I suppose there might also be some bits and pieces left over from their introduction (e.g., some echoes, maybe).
61794, Can superseded stuff go in its own room? Nt
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Z
61795, RE: Racial Lore
Posted by dalneko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I believe there is Minotaur lore scattered throughout
>helpfiles and in-game resources. Azure-Touched is probably
>limited to what's in the helpfiles, but I'm honestly not sure
>what, if anything, Baer and Daev baked into CF lore. I think
>the helpfile gives adequate insight into their background and
>such, though. I suppose there might also be some bits and
>pieces left over from their introduction (e.g., some echoes,
>maybe).
>

Well all the helpfile mentions on minotaur lore is that they're only male because of some sort of blood ritual on pregnant(?) women. Nothing else. Unless there's more stuff in Seantryn Modan. But that doesn't really help out if I'm planning a potential future character. So I guess I'll just wing it. Thanks for your input though.
61796, RE: Racial Lore
Posted by Sertius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From personal experience, imagining stuff that's not there (that makes sense in CF universe) will usually work.
61823, Well you have Mahn Tohr at least NT
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
61792, RE: Racial Lore
Posted by demon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believe mino and azure have some background in their helpfiles.