Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectEdge Point Questions about Role XP
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61703
61703, Edge Point Questions about Role XP
Posted by Edge Point Farmer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Edge Point Questions:

Helpfile states you get edge points under the following circumstances.

(2) - For reaching 1,500 Role XP.
(5) - Having a rated role entry.

Questions:

(1) Does this mean you will continue to get edge points for role xp after 1500, as long as it is rated?

(2) What does "rated" mean? How do you tell if its rated?

(3) How long does it take to get role entry's read/rated? For example, I entered 5 chapters of role entries two weeks ago (and about 30 play hours), and so far, no role exp.

Thanks!

61705, (3) How long does it take to get role entry's read/rated? For example, I entered 5 chapters of role entries two weeks ago (and about 30 play hours), and so far, no role exp.
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My experience on longer roles was I often had to enter a role contest to get them read. However, more often than not they got 1500 IMM xp and some of these also turned into RC wins.
61704, RE: Edge Point Questions about Role XP
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Edge Point Questions:
>
>Helpfile states you get edge points under the following
>circumstances.
>
> - For reaching 1,500 Role XP.
> - Having a rated role entry.

It looks like these are both typos. The first should read 1.4k Role XP and the second is incorrect. You don't get edge points just for having a rated role, but for reaching the 1.4k.

>Questions:
>
> Does this mean you will continue to get edge points for
>role xp after 1500, as long as it is rated?

No.

What does "rated" mean? How do you tell if its rated?

Because of the no above this doesn't really matter, but it means your role was read and reviewed and awarded zero or more XP. You get an echo.

>How long does it take to get role entry's read/rated? For
>example, I entered 5 chapters of role entries two weeks ago
> ( and about 30 play hours), and so far, no role exp.

It depends on lots of things including the type of character (e.g., an empowerment class is probably going to have their role read by their patron imm), your usual play times, the role itself (back when I rated roles regularly, I'd skip the massive novels), the availability of staff, and dumb luck. HELP 2539 is also relevant.

>
>Thanks!
>

EDIT: #### smileys.
61710, :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) NT
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't hurt me please :)