Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectSilent Prayer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61523
61523, Silent Prayer
Posted by Paladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Silent Prayer:

This skill is automatic, but is not always successful. Further, there are places in the land that are so bereft of holiness that even the Silent Prayer will be useless.

---

From my observations and testing it appears that the rooms across thera which are nomagic/nocommune are not flagged to work with silent prayer at all.

I've been to every nomagic/nocommune room I can think of, some evil, some not evil at all, and it seems that silent prayer simply does not fire.

Sure, I can understand the lair of the barrow-wight being "so bereft of holiness", but the jail in Cragstone? The trainer in the battlefields? That bedroom in Hamsah? (Ok, maybe not THAT bedroom)...

Not so bereft.

If there _are_ in fact rooms which _are_ flagged to work with silent prayer, i.e., not so bereft of holiness, and silent prayer and/or these rooms are working as intended, could I please receive further clarification as to what the Imms mean by bereft of holiness?

If there are no rooms which are flagged to work with Silent Prayer - perhaps update the helpfile to indicate that Silent Prayer will only work when you are worldbound ... thus curing my temporary insanity.

Thanks!

61530, RE: Silent Prayer
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's not just rooms, it's affects too. Silent Prayer is helpful when affected by forget or worldbind, for example.
61529, try places that you can commune but your mana cost is doubled
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One big area explore has this. Easier room might be the mist in the coven. I believe it cuts down on the extra mana needed for communes in those places.