Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectone more, re: empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61257
61257, one more, re: empire
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Randomize the council members between the classes that can join each sect.

Instead of always getting Warrior, Anti-Paladin, Assassin, Healer, maybe sometimes you get Bard, Necromancer, Thief, Shaman.

Could make it random, or you could choose whichever class is "most represented" in the Sect at that point in time.
61274, RE: one more, re: empire
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is something I'd put on my "if I ever have time for it" list. Unfortunately, that list is a winning lottery ticket away from being started.
61287, Make them like trib guards mobs with the long timer? n/t
Posted by mharlndarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
61258, They worked hard for those positions!
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also, raiding against bard, necro, shaman sounds pretty gross.
61259, RE: They worked hard for those positions!
Obviously it would take some balancing. Also, to clarify, I wasn't saying there should only be two options: warrior/ap/assassin/healer or bard/necro/thief/shaman.

Probably every "slot" should be randomized, or else use the "most prevalent in sect" logic. Or you could make them the same class as the current sect leader.

One problem with "most prevalent in the sect" is that you'd never see the bard.
61260, Matching sect leader or opposite sect leader seems decent logic...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Predictable, but changes as the game changes. Something similar could be done in Nexus.
61261, RE: They worked hard for those positions!
Posted by MRSK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But the council is one of the weakest inners right now. Earlier they explained it that centurions make it chore to retrieve and weak council balances it out. As centurions are crap now what's the reason in weak council anyway? Also the reason for nerfing centurions was that retrieving against them was too much of chore. I'd argue that retrieving from Tree was and is much more of the chore. Why there are still trees around huntress?
61262, Re: Centurions
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cents haven't been changed at all that I am aware of. Perhaps you are thinking of something different?
61263, Common
I thought it's obvious I ment new opened pass into imperial lands
61265, RE: Common
This doesn't invalidate your point about centurions being less useful now for blocking off access to the Palace, but you can still block it off if you have three citizens. Put centurions:

1. In Imperial Lands just north of Balator,
2. In the Olive Grove by the entrance from the Dragon Sea,
3. In Balator by the entrance from the Olive Grove.

Assassins can still use vanish to get to the Vanquisher and conjurers can do their thing, but anybody else has to attack them.
61267, No way this blocks the way to Palace
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's at least one way that bypasses these three blockposts.
61270, RE: No way this blocks the way to Palace
I've never seen anyone use it then, so its probably not very well known.

I know of two ways into Imperial Lands: from Balator and from the olive grove.

Centurions in Imperial Lands north of the Balator entrance stop people entering from Balator. So all you need to do is stop people from getting into the olive grove.

I know of two ways into the olive grove: from Balator and from the Dragon Sea. The centurions in Balator stop people from enterinv via Balator and the ones on the ladder stop people from entering via the Dragon Sea.
61271, There is an entrance from the Hamsah Outskirts to the Olive Grove that you are unaware of (nt)
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
61272, there is another way into the grove
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
can get into olive grove from hamsah outskirts.

But even being able to walk to the palace doesn't make a summon trap less dangerous. Still a whole lot of places to set that up that just guarantee at least 2 chances to try and summon.
61273, Also more than one way into Balator
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Centurion mobs may not have changed but centurions have changed tactically a great deal.
61269, It's not less useful
It's almost completely useless. The scenario you describe is good on paper but pretty much never happens. And even then it's not so hard for any hero get rid of at least one centurion before cavalry arive and be long gone. I guess you can still catch a few newbs that way but that's pretty much it.
61285, Centurions are awesome
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But indeed not for defending anymore. One should be prepared to set cents mid-battle to fully utilize the potential.
61289, RE: Centurions are awesome
This. The best case is when you can get your opponent to walk into the cents *without first knowing they're there*.

Either call them mid-battle or place them beforehand, engage your target, then pretend to be running away (but run to your cents instead).

Or call them on the border between two areas and hope someone fails to scan ahead.
61264, RE: They worked hard for those positions!
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Council being weakest depends on the raider's build. The blade master can make it pretty dangerous if he starts lagging a class that doesn't defend well.

Only the watcher is tough for all builds, as far as I know.
61266, RE: They worked hard for those positions!
If we're talking no defenders, Scarab could be annoying for a class that relies on dispellable preps and/or can't cure maledicts.
61268, RE: They worked hard for those positions!
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah but not for all builds.

Spirit is dangerous but not for someone with lots of Charmies.

There are builds that totally destroy the scarab inner. And often it is the ones with most reason to raid.
61279, Obviously you forgot the Nexus inners :)
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which becomes near impossible if the transmuter inner does cool things before you kill him.

I mean, I can see a Lich Emperor will full charmies not totally worried about the Nexus inners...but that's really the only class I think that could solo those inners in a decent amount of time without being worried.