Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectREQUEST: tells from NPCs
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=61249
61249, REQUEST: tells from NPCs
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Could you add a check when a PC receives a "tell" such that if the "tell" originated from an NPC it doesn't replace the value in the "reply to" slot?

I hate it when I'm having a conversation with someone who's hidden/camo/duo and walk by that Malinya mob in Arkham.

(See, not all my ideas are bad.)
61254, Maybe.
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We do occasionally interact with mortals ICly via NPCs, which is already problematic for the player if they don't keepreply. This change would make it pretty much impossible for PCs to carry on those conversations, however uncommon they are.

I'll see what I can do. We could probably rig it so that your "reply to" isn't updated unless the NPC is switched into by an immortal, for example.
61256, RE: Maybe.
Thanks. Obviously pretty low priority, but thought it might be worth mentioning.
61251, That drives me nuts too nt
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61250, See help (keep reply) nt
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61252, RE: See help (keep reply) nt
That's a bandaid. It's not always a hidden person I'm talking to. Sometimes it's just "a person" and after walking by the "tell" mob I have to type out "tell soandso whatever" instead of "reply whatever".

Clearly not the end of the world. Just mildly annoying.