Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectGOBLINS
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60903
60903, GOBLINS
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, what's the deal here? I just looked at their skill list, do people play these things? Why the level 40 cap? Can they join cabals? I guess I'm just failing to see the niche these guys fill.
60905, Consider them an experiment.
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They're a seasonal race, and one where the lead Immortal wanted to try something different which also makes them unique. Part of the theme is...honestly, they're goblins. The lvl 40 cap goes with being sort of a "lesser" race.

Personally, I think that part's pretty neat, though I do feel like they could use a little something in the skill department, myself. When it comes down to it, they're an addition to CF. A few years ago, your options were...no goblins to play. Now you have them, but if you don't like them, don't play them.

(I'll admit, I tried to roll one up last year, and couldn't get into it. Though, I also haven't got past lvl like...25 in about 4 years now)
60906, Never played a goblin....
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...so take this with a caveat (as in, they might actually have this spell).

Have you guys (Scar really) ever thought about giving them pack sense (maybe call it goblin sense) and boost learning + exp rates when goblins are ranking together.
60920, RE: Never played a goblin....
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't quote me, but I'm like....98.6% certain they were included into the orc bonus system. So orc+orc, orc+goblin, or goblin+goblin are all boosted exp (like...ridiculous boosted).
60940, Correct
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bonus is already there!
60907, I think my suggestions were pretty solid
Posted by goblinator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Still on the front page of gameplay. Could someone upstairs give some acknowledgement or feedback?
60909, RE: Consider them an experiment.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since they're seasonal...can I have a Pumpkin Spice Goblin?
60910, No we need you to keep your panties on. This isn't Dios. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
60941, RE: Consider them an experiment.
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I look at seasonal races as providing opportunities to: (1) RP a different but not game-changing race; and (2) test out your gaming skills with unusual/more difficult skill sets.

If you find yourself in a rut (e.g., this is your twelfth elven paladin in a row) then seasonal races are a chance to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. If you're used to cleaning up your PK range with a standard race, see what you can do with a Goblin or a Centaur.

I don't expect the seasonal races to be everyone's cup of tea. That's fine. That's why they aren't primary races in Thera.
60904, If you're a masochist....
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah they can join cabals, a berserker goblin aien't so bad, but #### that level 40 cap = Bleh.