Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectTwo Obs/Exp Questions
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60870
60870, Two Obs/Exp Questions
Posted by Vonzamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. To get the Obs Exp edge point bonus for early exploration do I have to hit the minimums by level 29 or level 30. I believe the helpfile says prior to level 30 which means level 29 to me.

2. Do the areas which no longer give obs exp xp at early level open up at level 30 or level 31.
60935, I had a similar thing happen
Posted by Wandering Minstrel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a similar thing happen where a known area explore (Actually Explores - 3 different places one login) gave nothing at level 51. I did get the Observation but a weird amount 3024 (I thought everything was multiples of 5).

So perhaps it was just some weirdness at the time. Guess you will just have to go back! That's my plan.

For me Umiron is doing an awesome job and I would prefer that now and again some weirdness gets broken and he keeps doing what he does.
60872, RE: Two Obs/Exp Questions
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>1. To get the Obs Exp edge point bonus for early exploration
>do I have to hit the minimums by level 29 or level 30. I
>believe the helpfile says prior to level 30 which means level
>29 to me.

I'll clarify the helpfile. It's level <= 30.

>2. Do the areas which no longer give obs exp xp at early
>level open up at level 30 or level 31.

No observation / exploration points were removed.
60882, Umm when did it happen?
Posted by Kstatida on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cause I think I've received 0 Expl. exp for Thar-Acacia on 29 level, last days of August.
60883, RE: Umm when did it happen?
It's been almost two years since anything related to exploration or observation changed in Thar-Acacia.
60885, Actually
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That may be true, but it has been less than 2 years (I'd say) since the observation exp system was changed to stop people getting exp from those areas at overly low level.
60886, RE: Actually
Observation points (mobs, objs, etc.) have always have a max level and no minimum level. None of the observation points for Thar-Acacia have changed since at least 2010.

Exploration spots used to have just a max level but in January of 2014 Daevryn introduced a minimum level as well. None of the exploration spots in Thar-Acacia have changed since January of 2014.

So I guess you could say it's been almost two years since anything related to exploration or observation changed in Thar-Acacia.
60887, Would you consider removing the minimum level for non area explore areas??
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It generally was not regarded as a positive change, nor did it make people happy. I think if it went away for say everything not an area explore it'd be well received. And you'd still retain the benefits of low lvl chars not asking hero's to be ran through trothon etc.
60889, Sorry, no. (nt)
hasd