Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDoes INT affect beastmaster spells landing?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60823
60823, Does INT affect beastmaster spells landing?
Posted by el padron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Will an arial beastmaster land cloud of wasps easier than a felar?
60938, Followup:
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would a 17 int felar animist get the same boost to spells as a 23 int wood-elf?

Obviously better int is better mana regen - but when it comes to the casting level/effectiveness of animist spells is intelligence a factor?
60939, RE: Followup:
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Intelligence isn't a factor in cast level as far as I can see.

However, each spell can be unique. Some individual spells care about intelligence and others do not, or any number of other attributes. I have no intention of checking a handful, let alone dozens of individual spell functions to provide that level of specificity though.

These are the kinds of questions that should be easy to answer through experimentation and crowd sourcing if one needs a deeper understanding than that.

60832, Followup: Does animist get a higher chance of wasps/mosquito's landing?
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just curious! thank you!
60833, No to both. (nt)
nt
60834, RE: No to both. (nt)
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really?

My recollection as an animist was that one of my skills was a little like spell craft?

Spirit allies.
60837, Right.
Spirit Allies provides a spellcraft like effect to all casted spells. I meant there is nothing about being an Animist that affects either of those spells specifically.

Typically when someone asks "does X factor into Y" type questions, I'm only concerned with the code for Y and not things that impact things that impact Y.

So yes, in the same way being a mage increases the chance of faerie fire landing, being an Animist increases the change of those two spells landing.