Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectUmiron and company
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60710
60710, Umiron and company
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As you know I have been an outspoken critic of the management of CF over the years. That's why I feel it is so important to mention, publicly, what a good job you're doing overseeing the MUD.

A few quick things:

1) The recent email I received was well written and full of things both in and out of game that are tempting to a disconnected vet's return.

2) You take player feedback very well. You don't stoop to arguing with trolls and instead take the high road. This seems to be true across the board of immortals currently posting on official forums.

3) You take player feedback and, when possible, rapidly implement changes everyone can agree on.

4) You have done an excellent job hacking away at needlessly time consuming aspects of CF - a process that is good for reacquiring vets, acquiring newbies and player retention. You have managed to do this in away that doesn't un-CF CF so far.

5) Staff members who appeared adversarial with players are gone or much less visible. I'm not sure if this was a deliberate move or happy coincidence but it matters a great deal to more people than you might imagine.

Scarab probably gets some behind the scenes credit for much of this, as do the active imms like Strienat, Raltevio, Whyisdan, Drehir and others.

Thumbsup, guys. I, for one, am back.
60742, Totally Agree nt
Posted by Polmier on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
60735, Agreed
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I appreciate all that was done before, but I prefer the way things are being done now.
60733, Looks good!
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As another semi ex-player who has had his fair share of issues with the direction the mud took for the last few years I'm super impressed when I check on the forums lately. Looks like this new crew finally gets it, every code change that makes this game less of a massive time sync and accessible for someone who has a fraction of the free time they had in college, and it makes me want to play again. Also attitude towards players a ton better. So Kudos! Keep up the good work!
60712, Thanks. (nt)
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
60711, 100% agree
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everything admin related on CF has been exceptional lately.