Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWould it be possible to change Veterans Insight?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60317
60317, Would it be possible to change Veterans Insight?
Posted by Serial Paladin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It would be awesome if it worked with Avoid.... That in mind, can the virtues be looked at in general, I know there are a few other skills in them that fire off Parry, which Monks don't use....
60326, Having laid waste to (I think) all of the hero monks for the last half a year
Posted by Gromm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think monks need any better defense than they do now, the defense is ridiculously good as it is.
60318, Umm, avoid seems pretty effective already
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Depending on your race.

Don't forget the other paladin flavours are more reliant on parry.
60320, I went through my logs as Sindrir
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Of the five monks I fought they avoided axes 85% of the time. I don't think they need any more juice. They were by far the most frustrating class I fought against.
60321, The good thing about avoid is that they can only choose one
Posted by kolb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you use axes it's pretty much gonna be pincer sure, but that means they aren't avoiding bash. Having multiple options is always better. Avoid is really their only one sans champion stand. And even that is easily played around. I fought more than my share of monks. Between lash, cranial, trip or bash I had pretty much little problem.
60322, You're thinking of anticipate not avoid
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Avoid stopped melee strikes, over 85% of them over a dozen fights.
60324, Forgot to mention
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Avoid is akin to dodge and dodge works against weapons you don't know.
60325, RE: Forgot to mention
Posted by Serial pally on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have played a lot of monks, avoid takes dex and I think wis into consideration for sure, but it also takes weapon knowledge percentages into consideration, I asked that a long time ago with one of my first monks.