Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPen
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60260
60260, Pen
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can we just give this skill to everyone not having to practice it? It is just an RP device after all.
60261, RE: Pen
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pen is a skill that your character, in-character, would need to practice in order to be proficient in just like any other skill.

The fact that it's "just a" ST RP device does not change that.

60262, Like walking and talking?
It just sucks to have to use practices on it. Give it to me at 60% and I'll spam it up. I use it on many of my chars for contracts and things. It'd be nice to be able to assume that if I hand someone a contract they'll be able to sign their name if they're a great dark elf mage.
60263, Writing
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is not something you naturally pick up like walking and talking.

Not being able to write should be just as much an RP option as being able to. Don't force me to be an educated fire giant barbarian please.

EDIT: Though it does seem silly to be able to read high level arcane scrolls but not be able to scribble out some common in the case of a dark-elf mage or whatever :P
60264, Sounds like a good compromise, just what Artificial wanted...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From now on you have to have Pen at 86% to unlock the ability to use scrolls or silver tomes.
60265, Can't read academy signs either. nt
nt
60266, Dumb as it sounds
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's quite possible to be able to read, but not write. Not sure if the reverse can happen, but I doubt it.

Though I assure you, my fire giant barbarian can do neither!

EDIT: On a more serious note, is losing the 1 practice that much of a bother? 1 hp?