Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRaiding
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60078
60078, Raiding
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could be wrong, but is it just me, or do people tend not to raid that much more?

If you spot a younger/older member of the enemy cabal, you dont go to raid as you have no way to keep the item. Personally, I went to raid alot as Zhabala before the changes, but after it was just not worth the effort. Why would I spent the risk of death, for something I cannot hold anyways.

Again - I understand why the changes where made, but I just feel that something is broken. A healer has less abilities to defend the cabal than a defender villager, or a ranger with herbs, or a paladin with lay hands. Or as I found out the other day, a conjurer with altruism.

I dont have the golden solution to this "problem", and there might not be a problem, and its all in my head. But what do you guys think?
60081, RE: Raiding
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Between 3/13 and 5/14 (the date the change was made), a cabal item was taken 651 times and retrieved 567 times.

Between 5/14 and today, those numbers are 721 and 689.

The average number of players online for those two periods of time is consistent +/- 1, so I didn't bother adjusting for that.

I'm not ready to draw any conclusions but regardless of why or whether it's even statistically significant (it probably isn't), there has been more cabal wars activity in the 62 days after the change than the 62 days prior.
60095, RE: Raiding
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fair enough, maybe its because of my playing times... Could be... :)
60080, RE: Raiding
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What changed?
60079, Use the 'cabalwars' feature..
Posted by Helper on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It gives the exact amount people are raiding, and it can get very active and has been in the last few weeks.

I'd argue the opposite. If I saw Zhabala on I wouldn't be interested in raiding Empire and I'm sure a bunch of other people would be discouraged as well, so maybe you just weren't seeing it because of that?