Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectA wand spot
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=60040
60040, A wand spot
Posted by A mage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hi guys, could you look intro a certain wand spot in wastes of nonveil. I have found the spot but there is no rod in that place..

I hope for a bug.

There is nothing welcoming about the wastes of Nonviel, but you find yourself attuned to some bones within its sands regardless.

i did find the bones, but it was empty..

thanks
60048, RE: A wand spot
Posted by Mage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There is more than one pile of bones
60059, It's not the other pile of bones either
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And if it was it would be the most absurdly broken sienna in the game (there are a few blacks easier to reach than the second pile of bones). The first pile is about right for a sienna. I've had this one a few times. If you spend enough time wandering around the wastes it eventually resets so it's probably there somewhere but walking over both (empty) piles of bones triggers it, and whatever did trigger it wasn't an obvious or semi-obvious pile of bones.

I've had many other players vent their frustration to me over this spot, and nobody I've ever heard of has ever successfully gathered it. Now that Hardan woods is gone it's the only wand spot left that I can't find.

If you land this spot your recourses are limited wands, committing to a long time wandering the wastes and hoping you walk past it, or doing without shield (no big deal for most mage classes).
60060, RE: It's not the other pile of bones either
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let's try this:

- As far as I can tell the spot has always been functional.

- There are multiple rooms with the same container and only one of those rooms is the correct one.

- Until a few months ago, there was no indication in the correct room that the container was there. We fixed that by updating the room description.

- I have personally watched more than one person acquire this wand since we added the above mentioned clue.

- 99% of the time someone prays about a wand issue the problem is one of: they were a ghost at the time; they had acquired a sleek of that type too recently; or they were just flat wrong on the location/mob.
60061, Maybe it was point four.
Posted by KaguMaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My experiences with that spot were many months ago. I did bug board it but I was told 'by design', glad something was changed anyhow.
60043, RE: A wand spot
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Feel free to post something on the bug board (w/ character name), but 99/100 times this ends up being user error, and I know that particular spot was working fine as of a few weeks ago.