Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectHeal Changes and IC RP with Environment
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=59189
59189, Heal Changes and IC RP with Environment
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So how do you possibly RP being a devoted to the Light healer Acolyte who cannot heal mobs anymore?

In my RP mind I see a human in Voralian City bringing a toddler who got wounded at some point and is at the point of death to an Acolyte passing through for healing with the Acolyte saying 'I am afraid I cannot heal your child my Lady, for it is an NPC and is too low level to join my group.'

This to me basically encourages no/poor RP from a mechanical perspective.

'I am a healer of the Fortress and I will watch as the Tara'bal falls, for it is an NPC and beyond my reach even though my entire life has been dedicated to the healing arts.'

I'm so tempted to roll a healer to have these discussions.

59329, For that example you have altruism
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You also have first aid, herbs, herbal medicine, lay hands, some shaman path things.

Badically every class that could heal an NPC still can, they just can't do as much.

At least if you truly mean from a role play perspective.

As far as wording you can simply say that your prayers were not answered when you tried to rejuvenate.
59192, RE: Heal Changes and IC RP with Environment
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're not wrong.

Sometimes things work the way they do for "fun stick" or game balance reasons. There are a lot of things in CF that don't necessarily make a lot of sense purely through the lens of RP or immersion.

I don't feel like this change breaks precedent or makes any less sense than a lot of silly things about CF, so I'm willing to overlook the shortcomings you pointed out.

There's also some compromise in this change. We probably could've solved the problem we set out to solve a little better than we did if we'd spent substantially more time on it, but again, I'm not unhappy with this change as-is, at least for now.

Time, of course, will tell.
59328, please change the echo
Posted by crsweeney on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We don't use the OOC language in game, NPC? Why have it be a response to the commands? It breaks the immersion.

ie

Your prayers are ineffective, $T does not desire your aid.

$T is not worthy of prayer.

<Your lord> does not deem $T a fit target for your <prayer>

$T can fend for themselves!

Something that is not "You can't use prayers on an NPC." or whatever it is now, Ugh.

<edited to clarify last sentence>