Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectDaunting Presence
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=57464
57464, Daunting Presence
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
According to Zannon, he never was able to take daunting presence despite 200 pks.

What are the requirements for this edge?
57465, RE: Daunting Presence
Posted by Umiron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> What are the requirements for this edge?

There are stat and skill/song requirements that should be pretty easy to figure out in-game. The tricky one is the PKs prerequisite which involves having a handful of PKs in the levels prior to when Grand Nocturne becomes available.

EDIT: Person on Dio's is way (way!) off on their numbers. You don't need very many PKs to take this edge, you just need them at the right time(s).
57466, Clarification please? :)
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"The tricky one is the PKs prerequisite which involves having a handful of PKs in the levels prior to when Grand Nocturne becomes available."

How many, and when? I don't mean to be a dink but sometimes not being vague is awesome :P
57468, It's stuff like that tht annoys me, but thanks for clarifying
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
'DAUNTING PRESENCE' (1300)
All successful bards have a strong charm and sense of the theatric, enabling them to evoke a sense of awe or dread. However, independent of this, some bards are people worthy of genuine fear, able to kill and maim a hundred different ways with the power of their voice alone. For these bards, their theatrical ability magnifies the seeds of hesitation or trepidation in an enemy's mind a hundredfold, causing even those who despise them to occasionally lose their nerve for a moment and fail to attack them. While such hesitation is rare in a seasoned adventurer, it can easily save the bard's life.

For this ability to work, the victim must be able to both see and hear the bard; it works better as the victim's morale falls or fear grows.

Pks across levels, yeah, that's a tough thing to figure out that I
never would have guessed or had reason to guess. Does it have to be different methods of KBs too?

Thanks for supplying the info Umi, wish I had asked before I played my last PK caring bard. My assumption, as are most player ones, was incorrect.
57470, RE: Daunting Presence
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Welp, wish I hadn't asked, because I would have gotten them. Damn, now there might be more bards. Oh well.

Really appreciate the answer.
57572, So its probably about like Murderous Rep for conjies?
Posted by Dangersinger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just trying to get a gauge here of what you meant.

Is it something that if you killed a couple dozen people in the low ranges you can count on probably having when you rank up? Murderous reputation for conjurers isn't an unreasonable amount, was guessing something like that maybe?
57573, How many is very many PKs?
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel like the considerations of what is "many" are way off.

50 PK wins is badass PK monster to me. "Significant history of violence" sounds like 10-15 PK wins.