Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectShould shifters get edge points or form bonuses for perfecting all forms?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=56628
56628, Should shifters get edge points or form bonuses for perfecting all forms?
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Something like:

Major offense: forms gain 5% damage boost

Major Utility: forms gain 5% damage reduction

Major Utility: forms gain 2.5% damage boost and 2.5% damage reduction

Major Air: forms costs less mv in air and/or less flyto lag or gain 2.5% damage boost and 2.5% damage reduction

Major water: forms get less swimto lag or gain 2.5% damage boost and 2.5% damage reduction

I know greater enlivens may be similar but just something to make shifters learn all forms was my thoughts.

Just musing
56629, This would basically happen to all shifters
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Forms improve very rapidly, even for lower-INT shifters. Some shifters don't have all of their lesser forms perfected, but given how easy it is, I don't see a big reason to add incentives to it.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
56631, How about as a set of edges then to give a little variation within the guild?
~
56636, RE: How about as a set of edges then to give a little variation within the guild?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't understand what this means.
56644, Sorry, will try to be clearer.
When you are about to go up against a shifter you know exactly what you are going to get, making it quite easy to plan for.

I was thinking about a series of edges, top end expensive edges, where the shapeshifter can discuss with his guildmaster and learn, for their top end forms a new skill/ability or a general bonus.

Things like:
small % increase damage edge
small % increase evasion edge
small % increase dodge edge
ricochet skin already exists to help carapaces etc with deflection
run
variousblends
forage
scatter

Just so that when warrior A sees shifter B in his tiger form he might be surprised that this one can run or forestblend or hit harder, dodge better. These can me as expensive as you need to make them if you think they might be OP but I don't think they would be, mutually exclusive to each other and/or certain forms could be excluded from certain ones.

Just might bring a little sprinkle of variety to the class and cause a few ppl so think of saving some edge points for this and less on spin the wheel/roll the bones when the form is not their No1 choice.
56654, RE: Sorry, will try to be clearer.
Posted by Ekaerok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If that was done, I would guess it would be done as mutually exclusive.
56660, RE: Sorry, will try to be clearer.
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whilst I agree that shifters are very generic edgewise; I just think in the current age of "helping the newbie", roll the bones and spin the wheel should allow you to actually test the form first.

Imagine a first time shifter who goes def/def and ends up with two regen forms. They've completely wasted their time. At least give them the chance to actually shift into the form to see what it is like before deciding on whether to swap it out.