Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subject(AUTO) Cabal Leader Idea
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=54673&mesg_id=54673
54673, (AUTO) Cabal Leader Idea
Posted by Moligant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I call it 'ACL Syndrome'

I can't count the number of times over the years that I have seen someone get a leader spot then after awhile they simply stop showing up. Either they simply stop logging on as much as they did when they were just a regular member of the cabal or they even auto.

I've got an idea.

A new command for Cabal leaders called 'Designate'.

It would allow cabal leaders to designate anyone in their cabal (limit of one person) to perform inductions should they fail to logon after five RL days. Resets after every logon. Can change the designee anytime they want.

Being designated doesnt confer any benefit besides being able to do inductions while the leader is away for extended periods of time. Probably IC it is given to (elder) members of the cabal who have proven themselves and are likely on the shortlist of being the next leader(s).

I understand that applicants have other routes when leaders are not around but those routes can extend the application process from a matter of 2-3 days to sometimes a week or more. Depending on the cabal and your playtimes that can cost a person alot in terms of con as they adhere to cabal mechanics/RP without cabal powers to compensate.

Just a thought.