Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectNot really.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=54589&mesg_id=54619
54619, Not really.
Posted by Mendos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're not likely to go getting any "best community member of the year" awards if you're running around stomping newer players and full-saccing them (and it might be worth keeping in mind that any time this happens and a new player quits someone on the Imm team has personally lost over 20 man-hours of marketing/advertising time per person to attract them here and keep them interested)...

...But I've been playing the game next to you all for years, I've probably taken more beatings in CF and lost more sets than most over that time. These events no longer phase me personally. If I thought sacrificing behavior was an inherently bad thing all of the time I'd be advocating that sacrifice should be removed, or altered. I'm not.

Plus I do like the idea of risk in the game (see other post on newbie forum about death traps in areas.) Some particular mechanics lead to a lot of drama, character meltdowns etc. I don't think old dent is a direct cause of that, but it can trigger said events.

In any event this is an inconsequential line of reasoning; I have no idea about the code specifics but if Daev says that the time investment is massive for the scope of the changes and that (precious) man-hours of coding should be utilized on more important projects then this is only going to be a back and forth debate about an unrealistic code change.