Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectI'm so ####ing sick of villagers doing what the #### they want.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=52696
52696, I'm so ####ing sick of villagers doing what the #### they want.
Posted by Pissed off mage. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was just ganged down by two of them with an Outlander in tow as I was nearly dead from fighting a ranger.

So for those of you that can't wrap your heads around this, I was in a fight with 4 characters in the woods. That's right, the ragers (With Outie in tow) were watching the fight.

They force me to recall then kill my familiar thus ghosting me.

I'm to the point where I'm going to start full scaccing people over this stuff.

The Imms aren't enforcing ANYTHING these guys do and they keep rerolling.

The #### answers I get in game are just that, ####.

So in short, you break my fun stick. I'm breaking yours.
52736, How are you still playing this char after you outed yourself so badly?
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously. Step away from the game, you obviously can't handle it.

You need to play the Barney game for Sega Genesis where if you try to walk off of a cliff, Barney comes out with a stop sign and tells you to stop. Even if you keep trying to walk off Barney will stop you. There's no Barney in CF.
52737, No. The Imm's Outed him. I asked them not to post the log because of a bad edit.
Posted by Frequentplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
awefEFA
52738, Why are you speaking about yourself in the third person?
Huh?
52739, Because maybe I am not the character? Just maybe?
You idiot.
52740, Uh...huh
Huh

PoM is a frothing at the mouth moron so it's natural to assume that it's you.
52741, If it makes you feel any better I can't post anonymousl...
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
y...even though I've never abused the feature.
52712, This log is priceless
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're fighting right off Eastern, as a conjurer, expecting two villagers to just watch you murder a ranger... even more dumb, is you sitting there when 70% of your life was gone in a single ambush (get some real gear, scrub).... and then losing your familiar - priceless. Of course, you can't handle this so you must take it the forums and write an in-game note before you're even safe and your familiar is sitting there infront of 3 enemies.

You died, big freaking deal. Nep is right, you made yourself look like a complete idiot. If I were you, I'd delete and start over.

52715, Couple things. This is my first conjie ever. And that's not right off Eastern.
Posted by PoM on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I'm glad you acknowledge that the ragers didn't adhere to parity.

At least I know I'm not seeing things.
52722, Oh Pro and your selective reading
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The villagers didn't violate parity.

They also appear to be a ranking group so if you were attacking them while they were ranking than chances are even if more than one of them fought you it wouldn't be a village parity issue. That is one of those things thats in the same general category as a raid.

And just because someone else fought you does not mean they (1) were aware of that and (2) should care since you were not in combat with them or even the same room as them when they attacked you. And of course your mob hit the group so technically you attacked them. And killing off a familiar isn't ganging.
52708, Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Thanks for that log, I needed a good laugh.
52709, Which part made you laugh?
The ragers ganging me or the part where I get my familiar killed as I pen a letter to the village because they are ganging me?
52713, So many reasons. You won't accept them, but here goes...
One, unless the ranger is a villager, you never got ganged. There was never more than one person fighting you at a time.

Two, as Torak said, you played that whole fight retardedly. The ranger could have killed you with one round of combat but he seems like a relative n00b.

Three, why you didn't type famrelease before starting your whine-y note, you would have lived through the whole thing.

Four, why you didn't quaff a recall the moment you even saw the villagers in the area is beyond me. You're not skilled enough to kill people with 30 percent health.

Five, you should never expect ragers to hold to parity. That's OOC knowledge, unless you've spoke with village leadership and or immortals in the course of the character's life. Moving beyond that fact it really pisses me off that people will attack a group of ragers and expect them to all flee and do some retarded kung fu style 1v1 over and over again. That's the exception to the rule (much like getting someone to not gang you when you are playing a rager).

Six, pretty sure I know the player and I'll just leave it at that.
52714, So you do see that the rangers ren't adheing to parity. Good.
I thought I was seeing things.

Why are you pretending you aren't one of these ragers?
52716, I expected this response.
But you're right I'm totally perma'ing with Nep and Raybaer to gang you down.
52718, You aren't denying it. And your choice of language would seem to confirm it.
"But you're right" being the relevant part of the sentence.

As if you are trying to deny it through sarcasm.

I note you have a pretty big hard on for defending battle in the death blow thread below.
52728, RE: You aren't denying it. And your choice of language would seem to confirm it.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly, when there isn't a single person here agreeing with you, it might be a sign that you need to check your assumptions.
52730, You do realize you resort to elementry schoolyard tactics at times right?
Homard is the only one who has posted with a modicum of civility and logic. His response is what I would expect from someone who understands the village.

You're basically saying villagers don't need to worry about parity.
52732, RE: You do realize you resort to elementry schoolyard tactics at times right?
No, I'm saying that you willfully misunderstand parity.

I would save you from yourself if I could.
52735, What is parity then jack?
Because I'm seeing two battleragers that have no qualms about bashing down a mage. Remember I have a different log showing them doing it. and you have to be willfully stupid to think that wasn't goin to happen here and that they weren't aware I was fighting the ranger.

So what is it? You're willfully stupid or you think it's acceptable for two ragers to pursue and bash down a mage?

Yeah I'm mad as hell over the way the staff has been interpreting things lately.
52726, Gorpu? (n/t)
52710, Which part made you laugh?
The ragers ganging me or the part where I get my familiar killed as I pen a letter to the village because they are ganging me?
52711, Which part made you laugh?
52705, Wow, yep. Daev was right
Posted by Charade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
THATS your proof? Your angel attacked all three of them. It literally pulled them all into the fight. Looks to me like it was just going to be rager 1 attacking you since neither of the two tried to lag you but I can't say for sure but with that same point neither can you. And you left your fam there to get creamed. This whole fight is on you man. You seen them coming. Didn't leave. Your angel drew them all in. None of them ever even attacked YOU besides rager 1. You take time to comment and you left your fam there to die. Plus it could have been the ranger that killed your familiar. Who knows. You don't have a leg to stand on here kid. Nut up learn from this and get back in there but for gods sake don't try to smear the ragers for actually being ragers.
52706, So you decided not to read this post.
Posted by PoM. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They had attacked me as a pair before.

They knew I was fighting the ranger.

The all jumped the familiar according to my group mate.
52707, Not to mention that age od rager tactic of standing around hopping AoE brings them in. It's ####. n/t
aev
52702, rofl nt
spaz
52697, That's certainly A version of what happened.
But it leaves a lot out and/or misrepresents things, and I don't think you have a legitimate bitch.
52698, I have the log. Want me to post it? Are you one of them? Is Raybaer one of them is a female.
Posted by Pissedoffmage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just say the word and I'll put it out for everyone to see.
52699, Harden the #### up
Posted by Bemused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You died once? It's not called Carrion Fields for nothing you know. Just get your revenge and keep it IC.

But definitely post the log, I enjoy a good read.
52700, Ha!
No and no.

If, having carefully reviewed the log, you would still like to post it, go ahead. But... I can already tell you how this story ends: with about ten people making fun of you.
52701, Posted on the official. n/t
Posted by Pissedoffmage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asfasfaqw
52703, Yeah hold off Posting that. I didn't edit the names out properly. n/t
Posted by POM on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sfdgbsdbgsb
52717, It is legal to post with active chars.
Posted by highbutterfly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
52719, Fine it was Doran and Cerebor since I'm alone in thinking they raped the pillar here.
####ing ####.
52721, RE: Ha!
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just from the log review, it was definitely the mage's fault he died. What were the ragers supposed to do? Oh, there's a mage and he's in hunting mode, let's leave the area? Sorry bub, but Daev was right. Add me to the 10.
52723, You heard it here first folks. Parity isn't required by villagers anymore.
Because that's what you just said.
52724, I'll try and slow it down for you
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were attacked by a ranger, who then left.

You were attacked by a Rager, who attempted to bash you.

YOUR ANGEL attacked the second Rager and the other person present in their ranking group.

You left via potion, but did not release your familiar.

Your familiar was then killed by unknown methods, unless you choose to snip that portion of the log.

At no point is this a violation of parity. YOU were never attacked by multiple people at any time, and at no point did multiple Ragers attack YOU.

Hopefully that helps, and have fun out there.
52727, Are you blind?
I was still fighting the ranger and they came in and bashed me as I was trying to get the #### out of there.

The Familiar is only a side note. I've never played a conjie to this point before and forgot about releasing it.

These same two ragers ran me down and tried to bash me down when I attacked one of them earlier.

I have that log too.

You're are basically saying that Parity only counts for the moments that someone is in actual melee with someone. So by your definition it's okay to wait for someone to flee then attack them.

It's almost like what these guys did except they saw me fighting the ranger and rushed right to me. And they knew full well that angel would draw them in.

Why don't you just say that cabal rules don't matter?
52731, Again, I'll try to be helpful to you
Posted by Destuvius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) You were NOT fighting the ranger when you were bashed. If you were trying to get the hell out of there, you would have quaffed instead of trying to walk.

2) What I am saying is that you do not seem to understand how parity works. Lets take a small, couple step test to determine if parity was violated.
A) Is Rager1 a berserker? If the answer is yes, then Parity can be applied to him. However, he bashed you without others aiding him so Parity was upheld. If the answer is no, he is not a Berserker then it doesn't really make that big of a difference as far as Parity is concerned.
B) Is Rager2 a berserker? If the answer is yes, then Parity can be applied to him. However, YOUR angel attacked him and brought him into the fight. Therefor, Parity was upheld. If the answer is no, then it doesn't really matter if Parity is applied or not, since he still did not attack YOU.

Hopefully that helps to clear up the rest of the confusion that I may have missed in the explanation the first time.

For a quick summary: if your mobs attack the groupmates of a Rager in the first round of combat after he solo initiates against you, he is not in breech of parity. It is just some poor luck.
52734, Just effing stop.
Posted by oM. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was fighting the ranger. You're lying to yourself in the same way you lied about that Imerial getting the boot.

I quit reading your troll when you wrote I wasn't still fighting the ranger.

Go play in Immland and just laugh when people get mad because the staff laughs when players get mad that game mechanics are abused.

You azzhole.
52725, Where was the breach of parity?
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you're alright, so I'm going to try to lay this out for you.

The ranger whalloped you, setting the stage for this whole encounter. No breach of parity.

The first Villager then caught up with you and bashed you. Now, I always try to look at mages before I attack them and not strike if they have more than a few scratches, but expecting every single Villager to act like this is going to put you at a disadvantage.

The thing to take into consideration here is whether or not they heard the ranger attack you, based on their location the first time we see them on "where" it's unclear, but I'm going to suppose that they did not hear the attack because jumping on a wounded mage by accident is one thing. Jumping on a wounded mage that you just heard get wounded in front of another Villager and someone else is something entirely different. I'm not saying 100% that he didn't know, but based on the evidence I'd give him the benefit of the dout.

Regardless, I wouldn't have struck here, but the fact is that it's still not a breach of parity.

Your angel then brought EVERYONE into combat with a pillar. An unfortunate turn for you, but still not a breach of parity on their part.

You know this is dangerous so you flee and recall.

At this point your familiar is undefended and you're distracted. Anyone could have killed it, including someone who doesn't even appear in the log. My guess would be that it was either the Ranger (no breach of parity) or Villager 1 (which still isn't a breach of parity, because it's a familiar.)

Furthermore, based on the log, it's possible that both of these Ragers are defenders, in which case any argument made against parity is lessened even more.

I think the real lesson here is to not post when you're this angry, and this is true for everyone, because the details tend to get clouded by rage.
52729, My group mate Aaldarian told me the three of them killed the familiar.
The two ragers in the video both chased me down after I attacked one of them on the eastern road.

I have they were on me in an instant after that ranger yelled so they heard.

They are typical gutter raners that I'm tired of.

You are right tough, posting while angry is not good.
52733, Ten was a good guess! Ten! Ha ha haaah. (lightning and...
Posted by Perpetual_Noob on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
N/T