Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Don't remember any others...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=51202&mesg_id=51233
51233, RE: Don't remember any others...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You know, I don't know that we've ever talked about changing the policy but the same time I don't think anyone that's around much these days was ever very passionate about it.

And while Dio's has its crazy circlejerk threads here and there most of the time I don't think it is what it was back in the day, either.

Edited to add a few more thoughts:

I think better / more active moderation is part of why it isn't generally what it once was.

I am aware that a handful of imms post here and there and that doesn't bother me either (although it's possible Scarabaeus or Twist or someone else might feel differently, I speak only for myself) -- because I think it reflects the inherent duality of being an imm in a game like this. We're administrators but we're also players and part of the community. It's enough, to me, that A) new imms really take a conscious step back from getting into Dio's slap fights with certain people and B) we have a clean separation from us-with-our-admin-hat-on (here) and anything else.