Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectTransmuter Idea: Neurological Reinforcement
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=5006
5006, Transmuter Idea: Neurological Reinforcement
Posted by Vecna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was wondering the other day about if there were ways to get around the hyrdophobia associated with the once no_dive races and occured to that ther is none that I know of, it seems to me that as a support class that if anyone should have it transmuters should. Then it occured to me how it would be named (psuedo-scientifically) and how the helpfile would sound.

NEUROLOGICAL REINFORCEMENT
Syntax: cast 'neurological reinforcement' <target>

By strengthening the already existing patterns of the pathways in the brain a transmuter can make a target more resistant to the effects of mental duress. This results in a slight reduction in the damage caused by the effects of mental assaults and gives the character a better chance to resist attacks altogether including phobias.

I guess at the moment it seems a little too similar to Resist Mental but with some transmuter tweaks added (possibling reducing rates of learning because as pathways are strengthed the ability to form new ones is impaired) and the added benefit of making hydrophobic characters function normally underwater it could be cool.

Anyway just a quick though.