Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPoisoner Skills
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=48243
48243, Poisoner Skills
Posted by Strychnine on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
* Does "Forgiving Cruor" only give resistance to thief poisons or is it basically "resist poison" like what dwarves and duergar have?

* Does poison level affect anything besides duration? Such as the chance of the target saving against it and resisting the poison's effect altogether?

* I think I remember someone saying skills in a given path work better the deeper you've gone into that path. Does that mean stopping at mind control poison renders all the other poisoner skills less effective than they would otherwise be?
48244, RE: Poisoner Skills
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>* Does "Forgiving Cruor" only give resistance to thief
>poisons or is it basically "resist poison" like what dwarves
>and duergar have?

It's more like resist poison.

>* Does poison level affect anything besides duration? Such as
>the chance of the target saving against it and resisting the
>poison's effect altogether?

If the poison does damage, it probably affects that.

Better ingredients might make for harder saves but I don't know that that's tied to the level specifically.

>* I think I remember someone saying skills in a given path
>work better the deeper you've gone into that path. Does that
>mean stopping at mind control poison renders all the other
>poisoner skills less effective than they would otherwise be?

I think there's a bonus to some or all of it for having grenade, yes. That being said I don't remember offhand how big it is or what it affects.
48245, RE: Poisoner Skills
Thanks!
48268, RE: Poisoner Skills
Posted by Klaak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Using an ingredient that yields a level 60 mind control poison results in a much more reliable FORGET effect on your victim. Generally, I noticed that the higher the level of the resulting poison, the more likely it was to get FORGET effect from Mind Control, and the more likely it was to get each of the various results from Neurological Poison. Maybe it's not tied to level directly, but there sure seems to be a strong correlation.
48269, RE: Poisoner Skills
The forget effect happens randomly at some point after you apply the poison, right? Do you remember if it would typically happen prior to the knockout duration expiring?
48270, it has a chance to fire every tick
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
if you use strong ingredients for mind control it can both fall and renew on the same tick. It generally had a timer of 1 hour when it hit. Usually I would go through one phase when knocked out (luckily they always waited out more sleep timer so it was gone when they woke me)
48281, I've never been on the receiving end...
Posted by Klaak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But from the thief end, knock out duration depends also on the level of the resulting poison. There are a couple ways I know to make a knock out poison that lasts 10 hours. During that time, I've seen the forget effect fire multiple times. I'm pretty sure the duration of forget is also based on the strength of the poison, though, since I've never been on the receiving end of this, I cannot testify very accurately about forget durations. What I CAN tell you, though is that if you learn the craft well, perfect concoct poison and each type of poison, keep notes on ingredient locations, and the level of each poison that results from the ingredient(s) you use, poisoners can be EXTREMELY deadly. They also ROCK for getting gear that is otherwise sometimes very challenging to get. I would suggest learning Gentle Walk as well. It comes in very handy in combination with gathering ingredients as well as using poisons against aggro NPCs.