Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: I guess I don't know what you are trying to say
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=45659&mesg_id=45679
45679, RE: I guess I don't know what you are trying to say
Posted by Graatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Are you trying to say that all nexuns are evil?
>
>Fort should always be at war with nexus?
>
>Everybody should be at war with nexus?
>
>
>You keep repeating the same fundamental point about nexuns
>(they fight against the side tipping the balance) and seem to
>address that fact as if the balance never changes and they
>never end up both helping out a guy one day and hunting them
>the next.
>
>You also never state why having a cabal whose alliegance is in
>flux is neccesarily a bad thing.

I never said they shouldn't have the cabal. I said and am saying that everyone else should always be at war with them. They are permanent enemies of everyone, by definition. Personally I don't like the cabal but that's not the standard. Lots of things I don't like. But the cabal is everyone's enemy, by its own creed. With my last maran (Hayim I think?) I straight out asked a nexun and they were very clear, they would always fight the fortress and kill goods and do evil when they thought they should. You can't get more clear than that, that's intentional deliberate evil. And he said if I got stronger, he'd do more and more evil - go kill babies was his example - just to "balance" my goodness out.

Like I said, this isn't really an argument about the facts, they are evil because they do evil and want evil, always and forever (and law and chaos and whatever your personal cause may be) and so everyone else should be their enemy, period. The argument is whether the artificial hold back that the staff has in place to stop people from doing what would be logical and natural, namely fighting nexus, is right or wrong, and that's a game balance issue which we disagree on. Shrug. I don't have skin in the game now so it's all theoretical, but I don't imagine it's really changed significantly since my time.