Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectOkay
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=43237&mesg_id=43401
43401, Okay
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On Waxen Wings- Being more used to flight than any other humanoid race on Thera, Arial shapeshifters with a focus in Air are able to fight more effectively* while in their air form, and while magically flying outdoors. However, due to their reliance on flight, should they become earthbound, or otherwise unable to fly, their combat prowess is weakened**.

* I want to say higher dam/hitroll, so as not to unbalance some offense forms (alligator comes to mind) by giving them an extra attack, which was my first thought. Also better dodge, and maybe minor evasion outdoors?

**Severely weakened dodge and maybe damroll if they get earthbound, or flight is dispelled

My thought process with this is to have an edge that can give you a big advantage against certain people, but weaken you against others. This would, for instance, be pretty great vs people who cant dispel, but pretty bad vs those who do.

edit: Also maybe make flight much harder to dispel.