Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRepair and barter.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=42789
42789, Repair and barter.
Posted by Foratha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It seems impossible to barter things for repairs. Is this by design or just overlooked?

I've tried everything and can't seem to succeed with it.
42790, Only dwarves can repair for you. So sorry.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
delete;delete
42791, Not sure if sarcasm or just doesn't read MOTD
Posted by Nreykre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But you may want to look at HELP REPAIR: http://www.carrionfields.com/helpsearch.php?id=3286
42792, Think the main problem is being Outlander.
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which was brought up at the time of implementation. I believe at the moment there's not a particular solution for the barter problem, but on the bright side, you're no worse off than sacrificing it and getting it again like you would have been pre-changes.
42795, outties
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There is an Outlander solution that appears to have been coded up but never fully implemented? Don't know what the plan is for it.
42796, Aside: Scarabaeus
I sent you and Daevryn an e-mail. Did you guys get it?
42799, RE: Aside: Scarabaeus
I did, but I am deferring to the one who wrote (or designed?) the code you're talking about. Regarding the second item, I have seen it in action (and working) but that was long enough ago that I don't know that my information would be up to date.
42803, Hunh. Thanks!
Sorta random at this point, but mostly why I also directed the questions towards you was that I thought you'd had a certain hand in the design of orcs. Was I correct in that?

Thinking on it now, the part you're deferring on is almost certainly later than most of what you might have been involved with. For sheer factual sake, was I correct in being involved in much of the original design?
42804, RE: Hunh. Thanks!
Yeah, orcs were my babies. I laid out the original berserker class and skills, etc. and I think Sebeok and Nepenthe did the coding? There was also an orc witchdoctor class on the drawing board but for some reason we never went anywhere with that. I get distracted by shiny things.

The specializations of orcs weren't my doing, thus my deferral.
42805, morale!
Oh, and because of orcs morale was my fault (can't have demoralizing without it!); I'm really surprised Daevryn still talks to me after that.
42806, RE: morale!
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Oh, and because of orcs morale was my fault (can't have
>demoralizing without it!); I'm really surprised Daevryn still
>talks to me after that.

Haha this is my 2nd favorite post on the board after Dallevian's making fun of that guys name over on the battlefield.
42809, *silence* (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
42810, *sulk* (n/t)
beder biber bicked a beck oov bickled bebberth
42807, Sacrificing broken items seems bugged. Took me a reboot to get stuff back.
Posted by Foratha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which sucks, happened a bunch of times and I've bug-boarded it.
42815, Cosign.
Posted by Bell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had the same problem with sacrificed items not showing back up even after over a (IC) day of gametime. This has happened within the last 24 (RL) hours. It's happened to me enough that I don't think every time it's happened that item has been over limit, but maybe that's the case and I'm just unlucky.

But a solution to the no coin=no repair situation would be very, very nice. This is relatively frustrating, but if it's by design, I'll accept that, and think there's opportunity for cool interplay between strengthen and breaking. If not, HELP! I'm sure y'all don't have anything better to do. ;)