Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThe old with the new---Top Pk lists
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=41418
41418, The old with the new---Top Pk lists
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was thinking on this earlier, and I figured it was worth a post. For years and years of early CF, there was a top 10 pk list. There was one for all time PK kills regardless of level, and then there were pk stats for 11-19, 20-29, 30-39,40-50, and Hero if I remember right. Somewhere along the way those sort of got pushed out and lost with time. I think they were a great part of the game that gave players yet another thing to compete for, a coveted slot on the list. The good killers are going to rack big numbers regardless of weather there is a list or not. But I always thought it was cool to see a top ten list, maybe updated weekly.

Has the staff ever reconsidered bringing something like this back? Im not talking about posting active numbers, The list would only have a name, not a kill count. That would keep people interested still in buying PBFs to see number of kills. And maybe encourage even more random buying of other PBFs when a under the rader slick killer comes along and deletes without a goodbye.

Anyhow, just a thought. I think it would draw peoples attention and add some fun.
41423, RE: The old with the new---Top Pk lists
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Jeez that'd be awesome. I remember striving to get on that list when I started playing and when I saw my name on there, that's what fueled my drive to play this game.
41424, Re:Reminiscing
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know I put up a duergar right before or right after Gharik on that, but I think I got Gharik on that list. I had a heck of a time as a duergar warrior sword spec back then in the low lvls, I rem. getting to hero and just getting pwned left and right and thought what happened!!

The vets/elites happened haha.
41420, Nope
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Has the staff ever reconsidered bringing something like this
>back? Im not talking about posting active numbers, The list
>would only have a name, not a kill count.

Part of the reason they went away is that it basically promoted griefing, no roleplay killing (not to say this stuff doesn't happen today, but there were people whose only goal was to make that list).

>That would keep
>people interested still in buying PBFs to see number of kills.
>And maybe encourage even more random buying of other PBFs when
>a under the rader slick killer comes along and deletes without
>a goodbye.

PBFs are basically what replaced that list. If you want to know how you fared, you can buy your PBF. There has been some talk of rounding up the data from published PBFs into a searchable list.
41421, RE: Nope
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"There has been some talk of rounding up the data from published PBFs into a searchable list."

I'm not sure what our website policy is - do we view building features redundant to those already existing on Dio's as a good thing?

I'm not inherently for or against it, this just sparked my curiosity.