Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectLooking to show the imms we, care please respond.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=4034
4034, Looking to show the imms we, care please respond.
Posted by marcalius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would say for every player that posts a stupid, meaningless rant that really pisses the imms off there are 15 to 20 of us that do not post anything, that appreciate the imms, and love this game.

I just do not want the imms getting frustrated when there are many of us that never post. I personnelly in real life know 4 or 5 people that play regularly and never complain about anything (except maybe paladin wrath, but that is always among ourselves and not in a post).

Us non-regular posters know you imms dedicate amazing amounts of personal time to this game, and when people do not appreciate something (that is free I will add) it pisses you off. But know this there are many many like me that like this game, and while we do not know everything, we trust your collective judgement that you guys as a whole know what you are doing.

Thanks again imms, and those of you that normally do not post, but love the imms and cf please post telling them so. And for all you that like to flame people please wait for another topic to flame me (not that I mind a little criticism).
4043, I know I don't say thank you enough.
Posted by wakeup_deadman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean hell, you guys(IMMS) donate a lot of time and effort into a game that has replaced all the other games I used to play. I want to say thank you for all that effort and thankless hours that are spent coding, fixing code, empowering, watching, and overall just trying to make Thera a better place. It amazes me to see people #### on the Imms after all the effort they put into this. So you dont agree with somethings. I dont see you emailing the programmers of warcraft or whatever and telling them that what they do sucks. Keep on truckin' guys you effort does not go unappreciated.
4040, I have a novel idea
Posted by Phaistus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Donate? I have not donated a huge fortune but if everyone donated the small total of $50 a year I am sure the appreciation would be noted.

:)
4041, RE: I have a novel idea
>Donate? I have not donate a huge fortune but if everyone
>donated the small total of $50 a year I am sure the
>appreciation would be noted.
>
>:)

I agree with this totally
4037, You act like the imms can do no wrong, and thats just not how it is.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sure, a lot of people post things that are just pointless bitching, baseless accusations or senseless whining. But sometimes people who post things here of a nagative nature DO have a legitimate beef with something done by/to them by an immortal of the mud. Don't think every negative post is just someones baseless bitching, because thats just unrealistic.

Immortals on Carrion Fields are still people too. They can get just as hot tempered and can over-react to things just like any of us. It just happens they have the potential to also completely #### someones character over when they get like this.

Now, don't think I'm saying by any means that every single negative thing posted about the mud/imms is valid. Far from it. But don't try and say that NONE of them are valid either. Both of those points of view are equally unrealistic.
4038, One imm can get stuff wrong, but all of them together making....
decisions as a group usually get it right.

>Sure, a lot of people post things that are just pointless
>bitching, baseless accusations or senseless whining. But
>sometimes people who post things here of a nagative nature DO
>have a legitimate beef with something done by/to them by an
>immortal of the mud. Don't think every negative post is just
>someones baseless bitching, because thats just unrealistic.
>
>Immortals on Carrion Fields are still people too. They can get
>just as hot tempered and can over-react to things just like
>any of us. It just happens they have the potential to also
>completely #### someones character over when they get like
>this.
>
>Now, don't think I'm saying by any means that every single
>negative thing posted about the mud/imms is valid. Far from
>it. But don't try and say that NONE of them are valid either.
>Both of those points of view are equally unrealistic.
>
4039, This is both true and false at the same time.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From a behind-the-scenes perspective, it's true. They can say to each other "Hey, don't you think that was a bit harsh?" or "Couldn't you have just smited him?" or "But you don't KNOW it's Vlad OOC, there was no need to do that!". (Alright that last one is a bit of a stretch, but it ould happen!) Sure they can keep each other in check.

However, your point was about the forums and posts, and on the forums the imms back each other up no matter what. I'm not finding fault with this. For them to do the work they do, they have to present a united front. Unfortunately it fosters an "Us against them" mentality at times. (Us being the imms, them being the players in this instance. Or the other way around.) Sadly, theres really no way around it. To provide a less united front would be bad for them.
4035, I agree... thanks for bringing it up. n/t
Posted by Mordacai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:) no text, eh?
4042, WE LOVE YOU GUYS! *sob* nt
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
s