Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectAssuming it was real, I think this fails to address the underlying issue
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=39106&mesg_id=39113
39113, Assuming it was real, I think this fails to address the underlying issue
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm inclined to believe that it was real because, according to the log on dio's, he appeared on the newbie channel as "a curious newcomer." Unless this is one man's conspiracy, I don't see a CF vet ever answering yes to the question that leads to that newbie channel status.

Anyway, I don't think the issue is that this guy couldn't get into a cabal, though that may have helped down the road. I think the issue is threefold.

1. Some of you don't RP. You'll bash down a level 11 character, take their coins and march off without a word in response. It's bound to make the casual observer question the "RP enforced" aspect of the MUD.

2. Some of you are pricks. That's just a fact. For every Twist or Isildur who tries to make the game fun for everyone, there's someone who thinks that their self-worth hinges on whether or not they can multikill the same guy in fine leathers who's trying to buy a boat at the leather shop in Galadon.

3. A lot of the finer aspects of RP unfortunately don't manifest until higher levels or once in a cabal. I'm not sure that a newbie cabal is the answer to this, though.

What's the solution? RP and don't be a prick. I feel like I say this a lot, but try to remember, it's a game. If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong. I'll add to that, if you're screwing up someone else's ability to have fun (other than the standard sting of losing) you're doing it wrong.