Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectThe graveyard forum is a ghost town
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=33924
33924, The graveyard forum is a ghost town
Posted by _Magus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No one posts goodbye notes anymore. Is there anyway to allow posting anonymously again? Even if it signing in and checking an anonymous box?

People only respond to topics that don't involve the character, which is usually a flamefest (most recent example being Pro's deleted character).

People that delete and want to tie their forum handle to the deleted character usually do so, so they get to say whatever they want about whoever they want without consequence usually (Sakilan being the most recent example of this).

And then you have fairly prominent characters who are deleting and just not posting anything, because they would prefer to remain anonymous, and posting a goodbye thread isn't worth losing that anonymity.

There has to be a better solution to Krilcov being a f**kup. Is the staff working on something? Do you need suggestions from other computer nerds (nerds are appreciated, I mean this non-derogatory).
34022, RE: The graveyard forum is a ghost town
Posted by Hutto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>No one posts goodbye notes anymore.

It wasn't always this way, and doesn't have to be. I guess the powers that be think it's for the best.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak
34023, Its completely up to the players..
Posted by Elerosse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its all of what 2 minutes to setup a new account to post under a different name? The fact that this is too much effort for 99% of the players tells me that most people don't care that much.

34024, I just think it is silly
Posted by Lokain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That I'd have to set up multiple throwaway email accounts to do this.
34025, RE: Its completely up to the players..
Posted by Hutto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did it for one character. There's no way I'm doing this for every character I play.

"The fact that this is too much effort for 99% of the players tells me that most people don't care that much."

Not caring enough to make a new email address account and new forum account for every character we play does not strike me as not caring "that much". We'll just have agree to disagree.

Hutto, the Sleepy Nitpicker

'Sorry, I'm not 72323slhlst. Or however you say Elite'
-Vynmylak
34026, That's ridiculous to expect..
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Set up a throwaway email account. Then set up an account here.

Just so you can post on someone ELSE'S goodbye thread? Of course no one cares enough to go through all that.

But the fact is, the Graveyard was actually interesting to read when people would post there as active characters. Now.. the only thing anyone says is a generic "Good job". It's lame.. especially when there are alternatives.
34027, RE: Its completely up to the players..
Posted by Elerosse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
34008, RE: The graveyard forum is a ghost town
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>There has to be a better solution to Krilcov being a f**kup.
>Is the staff working on something? Do you need suggestions
>from other computer nerds (nerds are appreciated, I mean this
>non-derogatory).

No, the staff is not working on anything.
34009, RE: The graveyard forum is a ghost town
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Allow people to post on Just the graveyard with whatever handle they want once they are Logged in.

The Moderators can already track players in game so they know who is playing who if they want. They are pretty classy in keeping that knowledge to themselves, so why not just use this solution to let people post as whatever they want.

That way only people with accounts can post, but it will still be as whatever they want their name to be. Should keep the Meth head at bay.
34010, Forum software isn't set up that way
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I'm not a web/php guy. The last forum change I tried to make I spent way to long on and didn't even work.
34011, RE: Forum software isn't set up that way
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you want, I can ask old man Harold (Our grumpy web guy) how difficult a change it is to make when I go back in to work on Tuesday.
34028, Yeah, it really sucks with the graveyard being dead... That's one of the more fun....
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... parts of CF too! To see what people thought about your char, to tell others what you thought of their char etc. I can spend HOURS in the graveyard, or rather, I could... Then a ####up like Krilcov ruins that ####.
33927, RE: The graveyard forum is a ghost town
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Somewhere an IMM said it's fine to create a handle for the character, I think.

Not a bad solution if someone really wants to post.
33931, I feel this is tedious
Posted by Lokain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And while it works, it isn't really an ideal solution. I too feel it's unfortunate that the battlefield forum has completely withered up and died. It was one of the really nice components to celebrate the end of a character.