Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectQuestion to IMM's regarding Orcs:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=30562
30562, Question to IMM's regarding Orcs:
Posted by Araevin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is it still possible to have an Orc joining a cabal?
30565, No
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
30582, RE: No
Posted by Amused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So what happened to make Orcs unable to join a cabal?
Are they really that Powerful that any cabals would make them broken?
Is it just a role play thing?

And what is the best thing about playing as an orc? I have always seen them and been interested, though I usually have a hard time getting into the all muscle type races.
30583, I don't think anything "happened".
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's more that a large part of the unique flavor of the orc class is in the "Clan" and the "horde". Not many people play orcs, so allowing them to join other cabals thins the population of the Clan and dilutes the intended flavor of the experience.
30584, RE: I don't think anything
Posted by Amused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahh that makes alot of sense acutally.
30589, I happened.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I honestly believe I had the greatest influence on orcs pre adaptation.

I first suggested that they had their own village and channel and others picked it up.

An Immortal had an OOC conversation with on of my orcs and I suggested that our ranks be somehow announced when we logged in.

I was givena 2,000 exp rew3d for some emotes I did with body parts and the scavenge skill came in.

I started the whole Boar and sow talk.

Note: I have never and will never say orcorcorcorc.
30590, And we have a winner for most insane post of the year! NT
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
30633, Don't worry, he also invented the internet. N/t
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
30591, In that case
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Next time please suggest an underground village with multiple exits, or more than one village. And give orcs dangersense in the village.
30599, I did and there is to the first two.
And you can see more in the village than in other place.
30600, In fact there are two ways out of the Grinning Skull village.
Once you use those two ways, there are three ways to get off the mountain, but it'll be harder for the pre-20 orcs, if not out right deadly. And one of them only the biggest could survive.

Even so, Orcs have some strong perks in the Grinning Skull village that come close to or do what you asked for.

But... that doesn't make them all that great.

I haven't been able to get into any since, well, Thrakburzug split.

Before that I had a fair number into their 30's and a couple into their 40's.
30601, I know there are multiple exits from the orc village
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But that's not the same as multiple exits from an underground village.

And orcs cannot see outlanders who are chamo in the village. At least, mine never could. Hence dangersense within the village would be useful, and to me feels appropriate.
30602, There's was a change with orcs when rangers were revamped.
I haven't played an orc that's encountered a ranger in those terrain.
30605, You need to realize one thing in this argument.
That having played a lvl 51 orc, you're speaking from a position of strength and knowledge.

Pro speaks from a position of crazy.

See the eventual problem?
30606, Why is this allowed to continue again?
Seriously.
30607, To clarify, I'd like to be able to post and not flamed because
I am Pro.

It's not right and I would really appreciate a little help from the staff in the matter. It should go a long way into preventing my threads from turning into flame fests.
30609, You just claimed every good change to orcs...
...was your idea.

You don't understand how ludicrous that sounds?
30626, Windows 7 was my idea. nt
Posted by TheProphet_LZ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
30627, Fire and wheel were my ideas. nt
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
30611, RE: To clarify, I'd like to be able to post and not flamed because
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am just a lowly heroimm, which means I have very little authority, but I do take on the newbie channel from time to time to help players out, and so I'd like to take some time to help you out and maybe show you what the root of your problem may be. Basically, you constantly troll the forums. The following is a non-exclusive list of your recent trolling posts that I spent a couple minutes digging up:

Here you are trolling/flaming Rogue:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=30053&mesg_id=30053&page=2

Here you are trolling Jhyrbian (if you look again at what he wrote in that thread, by the way, you will find extremely valuable advice as to why your characters have not succeeded to your expectations):
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=30053&mesg_id=30069&page=2

Here you are trolling/flaming Blackbird (and you may have been trolling me by pretending you were a newbie that didn't know how to fight conjurers, which I don't appreciate because my time is at least as valuable as yours):
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=30386&mesg_id=30404&page=

Here you are trolling by claiming you had the greatest influence on orcs pre-adaptation:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=30562&mesg_id=30589&page=

Here you are trolling/flaming ESL players:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=30093&mesg_id=30095&page=

Here you are trolling/flaming the staff, players, and "left leaning" people:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=30489&mesg_id=30604&page=

Here you are trolling/flaming liberals again:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=30093&mesg_id=30260&page=

Now, you are asking for help from the staff to stop people from trolling/flaming you, but the easiest solution would be for you to stop trolling/flaming others.
30613, Dude he totally trolled you and made you waste your time.
People need to listen to me more.
30616, I really can't take this seriously.
I may give back a little of what I get. But I get a LOT.

What you are calling a troll or a flame, I am calling me asking a question, standing up for myself or possiting a possition.

I am asking that when ever a flame comes my way out of the blue, it be clipped.

And, while I may not have been the be all end all of orcdom, I did do as I said, and the things happened as I said them. That all could be a coincidence but hey, it's my coincidence.

Please stop people from just targeting me and forcing me to go off on a tangent.

30617, Translated from Pro-speak.
You're wrong, I'm right. No facts back this up but hey, I can't be wrong can I?

BTW, do what I say or I'll continue.
30618, Easiest way to prevent flames from coming your way..
Posted by Derexal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is to just stop posting.

If you did that, then I think that everyone would be happier.

I mean, its not like you really bring anything to these forums anyway.
30620, Neither do you. nt
a
30621, More than you do buddy :)
Posted by Derexal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, did you even read my post on cabal raiding? (It was your question too)

Try and do something nice for a guy and this is what you get.

Guess I'll go back to flaming :).
30629, Personal relationships
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I may give back a little of what I get. But I get a LOT.

I'll grant you that people pick on you a lot now, but you are, or at least have been consistently been, a big instigator. At least, that's how everyone else perceives it. So you have to ask, is everyone else wrong, or is there something you could be doing differently?

Also I will give you this: at this point you've people will pick on you out of the blue, or just use your name as a joke. There is something unfair and ungentlemanly about that. But a lot of people feel that you've brought it on yourself. And you can either decide they're all full of crap and ignore that feeling, or you can ask yourself seriously how that came to be.

>I am asking that when ever a flame comes my way out of the
>blue, it be clipped.
>Please stop people from just targeting me and forcing me to go
>off on a tangent.

How about you just try ignoring it for a year or two? There's nobody *forcing* you to go off on a tangent. When people insult me on the forums I just respond to the content and pretend like the insults don't exist. Why allow yourself to be emotionally hijacked by a troll that you don't respect? If there's content you want to respond to, then do it. If it's just ad hominem nonsense then ignore it.

30632, I like the way you post and enjoy reading what you write.
But I give you this to consider.

There are only about 5 people that consistantly flame me.

I haven't responded to them for the most part in oh.. well, 2 years. This has gone largely unnoticed. It was so bad I just took to putting DNR in response to their threads hoping they'd get the hint. Know what they did? They started posting their whole message in the subject line just so I was guaranteed to see their vitriol.

One of the most frustrating things for me is that I don't instigate the HUGE threads that spawn from my posts except that I often hit a nerve that is polarizing to our players.

The forums are rich with examples of me posting only once then the thread takes off on it's own, often with a generous smearing of my name.

Take this thread for instance. I posted my answer to a question, it was sincere, it was serious, and now the thread has been hijacked by one of the afore mentioned 5 or so.

When I have attacked another player or policy, I have given my reasons. I don't just make ad hominem attacks.

I've been playing since 97. I was immature and uneducated in anything except killing people for Uncle Sam then. My mind was active but my opinions weren't my own. I'm not that guy anymore. There was another year or so after my tour in Iraq that I had some serious personal difficulty and it showed in my posting. I got past that, I've moved on.

I may slip here and there, but for the most part, I am steady in my course and the way I treat people. There are people who's way of playing the game draw my ire, but I direct my ire to the way they play the game. At most I might ask for some pause and consideration to the affects of their behavior.

I would just ask for some intellectual honesty from others and a little bit of policing of people just arbitrarily flaming me no matter the topic or my response.

That's all.
30593, Al Gore DID invent the internet! nt
a