Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectRE: Christmas Tree?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=27019&mesg_id=27060
27060, RE: Christmas Tree?
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>He just formats the game pretty much exactly the way the
>logboard has formatted for a long ass time.
>
>I like it and a lot of other people use it as well. Yeah,
>he'll have to change it, and yeah the general CF community
>that doesn't use it now gets different colors for incoming
>versus outgoing but seriously, don't #### on a guy that's
>helping others out with his work. Christmas tree because we
>want something beyond 16 colors?

Dwoggurd's logs looked a bit like a Christmas three because they had so many colours. Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to develop the game in terms of accomodating the functioning of third party triggers. Sure, larger colour selection makes it easier to colour echoes, but I think that sufficient highlighting for the MUD's needs can be done with the 16 Ansi colours.

As for Dwoggurd's highlights, I don't consider them crap. However, I've read enough threads and reviews that mention MUD colours to know that highlights like Dwoggurd's aren't something that every player would want to see in a MUD. It's simply too much colour for some people and thus useful as an addon for those who prefer such colouring. I think that such addons should be developed in the terms of the game and not the other way around (I might find some of the m useful, but wouldn't want just to add his whole package to my client as is). Thus, I regard Dwoggurd's request for the game to better accomodate for his triggers as absurd. I simply think that Dwoggurd updating his highlights is the best solution for the highlight problem.

>When did you ever bring ANYTHING useful to the community?

I've done some page updating and forum moderating in Dio's back in the day when I played actively and added my own part to Wiki maps and such things. Don't be a ####.