Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectPracticing changes/dagger specs
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2697
2697, Practicing changes/dagger specs
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you made skill improvemets be based on the level of the mob you're fighting, you said some skills like offhand disarm were excluded from the changes since you don't use them while levelling and thus have to give them some dedicated practice.

I've been playing around with a dagger spec some, and been having a hell of a time getting my skills anywhere. (At level 30ish they haven't moved). This since they're useless while levelling because daggers suck for that and the skills only gets you beaten up. And if I try to do them on mobs anywhere near my level, I also get ####ed up pretty quick. Even by stuff that is 10 levels below me.

Trying to do them on koboldish mobs doesn't seem to render any results, so would you consider adding artery/stab/hamstring/underhand/twist/hurl to the list of kobold-working skills.
2699, Yah.
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I made a human dagger and later a duergar spear. It was bad. However, I don't think it's going to be changed. My only advice to you is to perfect defenses asap. That way, you can find razor or perfect match mobs and work away rather quickly. If not, you're wasting your time.
2701, RE: Yah.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I found tigerclaw difficult to improve at when fighting weak mobs. But I didn't try very hard, so it may have eventually worked. My last assassin prior to the changes (admittedly, a drow) had no real trouble perfecting it on weak creatures.