Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectbard sleep
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26925
26925, bard sleep
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=17037&mesg_id=17037&page=

Various folks swear up and down that bard sleep has been "nerfed".

I've seen you make reference, multiple times, to the fact that, under ideal circumstances, bard sleep can just be "really really short", and that this has always been the case.

For my part, when I've been slept by a bard (which isn't that often), it's always been pretty long. Even when I had resist mental up, I think it was 8 hours or something.

So...what are the circumstances that can lead to super-short bard sleep duration?

Resist mental? Save vs. mental? Anti-bard edges? Anti-knockout edges? Anti-bard legacy? High intelligence?
26926, RE: bard sleep
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Primarily:

1) Multiple sleep attempts (by anyone on the victim) in a short period of time shorten it.

2) Any circumstance that would prevent the victim from sleeping via the 'sleep' command shortens it.
26927, RE: bard sleep
When you say "multiple sleep attempts" do you mean "multiple bard sleep attempts" or are you meaning to include other KO skills/spells?
26928, RE: bard sleep
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He says attempts by anyone on the victim, so I would expect it's not just the bard's sleep attempts.
26929, RE: bard sleep
Could mean multiple bards trying to sleep the same person. i.e. one bard's successful attempt suffers a duration penalty due to the other bard's failed attempts.

Failed blackjack/etc. give something that sounds specifically physical ("physical sleep protection"). I was just wondering if that would impact bard sleep duration.
26931, RE: bard sleep
Posted by RandomThinker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Any sleep attempt
26940, RE: bard sleep
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think either sleep spell or lullaby will count in this case, but that's without looking.