Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectCabal-based autoquests
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26439
26439, Cabal-based autoquests
Posted by Mekantos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With the introduction of pledge, I think it would be kinda cool if those outer guardians could hand out some quests. These could be different, altogether, than what currently exists quest-wise. For instance, when you pledge your cabal guardian could send you out to kill a pledge in an enemy cabal, if one is available. It wouldn't ruin your chances to become a full member if you didn't complete the mission, but it would give you something to do in the lull-time. Hell, I'd love to see automated quests given by inners too...maybe to people who have been in the cabal a while.

Whatcha think?
26444, What I'd like to see is...
Posted by GinGa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
More based around the reputation command. It's not a perfect tracker, but it seems to take into account more than just pk information.

And it sounds a bit too much like you're trying to find more recognition for doing what you should be doing in the first place. Automated exp or bumps for killing a foe of your pledged cabal shouldn't be needed to encourage that. If you want to use it to strengthen your application, do what everyone else does now and report it when it happens. As a villager leader, I was always impressed when I'd get a tell saying there were three mage corpses sitting in galadon already. Made me wish I could give out a reward for that kind of victory. Oh, wait... :P
26453, I agree but...
Posted by AceBushido on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it might also encourage people who wouldn't normally participate in cabal wars to do so. I think it would also be a good addition in terms of rewarding people in a cabal who actually go out and do wtf they're supposed to be doing (yes, even though they're SUPPOSED to be doing it) throughout their entire character's lives as opposed to those who just wait until hero range or when they think they're going to be noticed.
26443, Great idea.
Posted by Susubienko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Involves some staff time/coding time investment, but I think it will give a great bang for the buck return.