Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectBashing Nuances
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=25653
25653, Bashing Nuances
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey,

So I have played a few warriors recently, after a long line of no name thieves, and really am curious as to how this particular skill really works. I've noticed that despite my knowledge of in game mechanics and combat I can't get this skill to really aid me when I am fighting.

Whether I am playing a high dex/low weight or a low dex/large size char, it seems to me that NPC's are ten times easier to bash then a player. Is there something that I am missing here?

I have heard that you are supposed to have a crap load of weight on you to make it more effective but won't that effect dodging capability? Also, wouldn't a lot of weight and low dexterity make it much harder for you to really get a bead on and bash a foe since you would be moving so slow under those conditions? ( IE Carrying around a sack of rafts or something like I have seen people do.)

Any help or inside info or even clarification would be appreciated since, from what I can tell, bash is one of the bread and butter skills of the warrior class.

25654, RE: Bashing Nuances
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Ideally, to connect with the most bashes, you'd want to be one size bigger than your opponent, to have a high bash skill, to have a high strength, to be carrying a lot of weight, for them to have a low dex, and for them to not be carrying a lot of weight.

But only so much of that is in your control at any given time.

>I have heard that you are supposed to have a crap load of
>weight on you to make it more effective but won't that effect
>dodging capability?

It sure does. This is one of the interesting choices you have to make.
25655, RE: Bashing Nuances
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah I see now.

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it.
25657, RE: Bashing Nuances
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You say "to connect". Does that mean those things you listed don't affect how much bash *lags* the opponent, and only affect connect rate? Or vice versa? Or neither (i.e. the factors affect both hit rate and amount of lag)?
25661, RE: Bashing Nuances
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>You say "to connect". Does that mean those things you listed
>don't affect how much bash *lags* the opponent, and only
>affect connect rate?

Correct.

In most cases, lag is purely random.