Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWill evil conjurers suffer because of recent change?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2559
2559, Will evil conjurers suffer because of recent change?
Posted by kellog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does gang-bang code affect servitors?
2563, RE: Will evil conjurers suffer because of recent change?
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Only in situations involving the skills in question. While this could enter into some solo situations (some demons bash, etc.), it's more likely to come into play if you are grouped with someone with those skills. Necromancers and druids may feel a similar pinch.

This is, of course, small compared to the effect on those classes which actually have those skills. One thing that you in particular often underestimate is that from a PK standpoint you're interested in relative power, not absolute. While an evil conjurer takes a small downturn, warriors, APs, rangers, assassins, etc. are more effected. It's probably about a net neutral.

Given the other recent improvements to the evil side of the conjurer class (demons, etc.), I don't think it's a big deal.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2564, Question then...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's been said that those skills were the only things affected. But just before my last death with Nampnotble, I couldn't hit the target at the same time as my groupmates. They also experienced the same problems. My assumption from this, was that it was due to the anti-ganging code, since I had never gotten echoes like that before.
2565, RE: Question then...
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not aware of whatever change you're talking about. There's one ability that can do that, but it is not new at all.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2579, I wish Lakina or the other shifter had logs...
It was something I had never seen before, so I assumed it was part of the recent anti-gang code. Our group were completely unable to hit this guy more than one at a time, as shifters. It wasn't the anti-ganging legacy, because I've seen that. We got very specific messages about how the other shifter was in our way, and prevented us from being able to hit the target etc etc.
2580, Oh, I know what THAT is
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it's something Cador put in, if that tells you anything about how old it is.
2590, Uhh..
I've been playing CF since just a few weeks after it opened, and this is the first time I have EVER had that happen to me. Ermm...Seriously man, if it was something that old, with as many characters as I've played in the last 9 years, don't you think I'd have seen it by now? My groupmates also said they had never seen it before either.
2591, RE: Uhh..
Posted by Boldereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess not man.
2592, Don't leave us hanging like this!
"oh, I know what that is"...

What was it? =P Why hasn't this guy seen it in all of his time
playing shifters.
2738, Two air forms fighting in the same room (n/t)
Posted by Alanon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
2599, RE: Uhh..
The criteria for it to happen are fairly narrow, although in many ways less so than when it was originally implemented due to changes in the class and the game in general.
2615, Wow. Thanks a bunch.
That was actually really useful. Not quite pointing out exactly what had happened spoonfeeding me useful, but now I know at least what to watch for in the future again. Thank you.

2619, In case that wasn't sarcastic, a little more:
All of the forms can have happen what you saw happen have something in common, and in most cases a high-level shifter will have a form that won't have that problem in that circumstance.
2657, Nope, I was 100% sarcasm free. For once.
I think I know what you're getting at now, and if it is what I think then I'm 100% surprised I hadn't seen it before now. Again, thank you for helping to fill in the blanks some, and in case I haven't said it recently enough you guys working so hard on the mud we all enjoy really is appreciated.

(#### you all, no I'm not drunk. I do from time to time show my appreciation to the imms here, and post non sarcastic posts. I just don't usually combine the two)
2567, Please correct my misconception.
I thought a big selling point of Chaotic Evil druids was that they were a mage that stunned ppl. I see demons doing less damage then angels, and I _assumed_ that it in exchange for the stunning + bashing that they did.

Isn't this a major setback to chaotic evil servitors?

2568, RE: Please correct my misconception.
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're incorrect.
In general.