Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWord of Recall vs Teleport
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=2422
2422, Word of Recall vs Teleport
Posted by The Heretic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So, uhhmm, can we all agree that this is one of the most 'powerful' spells in the game? Not avalanche in the mountains powerful, its just the ultimate panic escape. Everyone knows that word is THE most important spell to master.

Now for the point of stating the obvious.

Why not switch word and teleport for escapes? There is no good reason to let mages get off that easy if they want to escape combat. Make them teleport. Make them take a risk. Whats the worse that can happen? The spell should still work during combat...but it should be one of those concentration spells. APs should probably get a version of teleport that can not be cast during combat...just to be nice.
2424, RE: Word of Recall vs Teleport
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because you'd rather have no idea where they landed, instead of exactly where they landed?
2425, RE: Word of Recall vs Teleport
You would bring up the only valid (weak) counterpoint. I have used that tactic for ambushes during overpowered raids or when cabalmates announce they are about to attack someone. It works good, but not that good. Experienced players know not to word when there might be a welcoming party at home. As for having an idea where they landed, well...who is going to sit around for the 1-2 minutes it takes to get to the hometown? Once again, not experienced players. I'd prefer there be a true downside.
2426, RE: Word of Recall vs Teleport
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You would bring up the only valid (weak) counterpoint.

You might want to think about Curse also. Currently, Curse and related effects plus confinement equals a trap. It's very hard to stop Teleport, and you'd let people escape from more situations, not less.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
2428, RE: Word of Recall vs Teleport
How about curse + fighting = !teleport. Bahh, that's crazy math.

Good point on curse. Luckily, the class >>I<< am playing right now has curse, so I am going to shut my piehole.